[Feature][ActiveSupport::Duration] to_years, to_months, to_days, etc

Jason York

Mar 5, 2020, 6:58:56 PM3/5/20
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Hi! Would it be valuable to add some convenience methods to Duration to convert the value to years, months, days?

Ex:

1.week.to_days
=> 7

3.days.to_weeks
=> 0.429

40.hours.to_days
=> 1.67

I wanted to check here before I work on a PR.

Thanks!

Josh Brody

Mar 5, 2020, 9:04:23 PM3/5/20
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
`1.week.days` is what you're looking for. I don't think an alias would be necessarily bad, though. It's similarly done elsewhere.

Phillip Getto

Jason York

Mar 6, 2020, 1:49:41 PM3/6/20
to Ruby on Rails: Core