[Feature] Support parsing msgpack parameters natively

Hirad Y.

Sep 23, 2019, 4:52:20 AM9/23/19
to Ruby on Rails: Core

I'd like to request to support parsing MsgPack parameters along with other already available parsers (i.e. json and xml parsers).

Thanks

Kasper Hansen

Sep 28, 2019, 3:08:33 PM9/28/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I don’t see the reason for why we would accept a PR to add that parsing within Rails. Make a gem ✌️

--
Kasper
On 23 Sep 2019, 10.52 +0200, Hirad Y. <hir...@gmail.com>, wrote:

I'd like to request to support parsing MsgPack parameters along with other already available parsers (i.e. json and xml parsers).

Thanks

Hirad Y.

Kasper Hansen

Sep 28, 2019, 5:06:39 PM9/28/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
This isn’t really fruitful. You’re volunteering this discussion, so it’s on you to provide reasons. Which could be benefits of msgpack compared to xml/json, how does browsers support it, performance benchmarks, a gist with an attempt at a patch, etc.

Instead your request boils down to “I want msgpack, so you should write it and maintain it because I said so”. To which the only answer is: nope.

Making a gem is the only way I see this moving forward, then there’d be something to talk about ✌️

--
Kasper

Hirad Y.

Sep 29, 2019, 4:25:52 AM9/29/19
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I think it's best to stop this conversation right here, as I understand there's a huge lack of interest/knowledge on employing http/2 in future versions of Rails, and also Rails is not only used in web and can be used as a web api to any other application.

I was at least hoping for a better discussion with an open mind contributor here than one who's ignoring any other possibilities to even get into a discussion than claiming to be "I am a Rails contributor, therefore all I say is the final fact!"

Hirad Y.

Sep 29, 2019, 6:39:47 AM9/29/19
to Ruby on Rails: Core
FYI, the gem already exist if bother looking around!