Ruby 1.8.7-p374 Installer - downlead is Forbidden

Leon Rabinovich

May 4, 2021, 7:20:55 AM5/4/21
to RubyInstaller
Hi,
I'm trying to install this version from here (on windows 10 machine):
Download Archives (rubyinstaller.org)
but I'm redirected to a site which states - "forbidden"

I Need to use this specific version for my  Legacy development environment.
Is there any other way to get the 1.8.7 p374 installer for windows ?

Luis Lavena

May 4, 2021, 10:43:49 AM5/4/21
to RubyInstaller
Hello,

The provider of hosting of the downloads shutdown their service, the archives of past releases needs to be migrated to GitHub, that counts for ~50 releases with more than 2.5GB, which takes time to upload and map correctly to each version.

You can see more details here:

Only recent versions were addressed, older version will take longer.

Hopefully can do that next weekend. Hope you can understand.

Cheers,
Luis

Leon Rabinovich

May 4, 2021, 11:47:59 AM5/4/21
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
I understand, thanks for the quick reply

Mohit Sindhwani

May 4, 2021, 12:28:45 PM5/4/21
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Luis Lavena
Hi Luis,

Did you get all the versions you wanted to?

On 2021-5-4 10:43 pm, Luis Lavena wrote:
> The provider of hosting of the downloads shutdown their service, the
> archives of past releases needs to be migrated to GitHub, that counts
> for ~50 releases with more than 2.5GB, which takes time to upload and
> map correctly to each version.
>

> Hopefully can do that next weekend. Hope you can understand.
>
> Cheers,
> Luis

I have a few downloaded versions over time...
* ruby186-27_rc2.exe
* ruby186-26.exe
* rubyinstaller-1.8.7-p358.exe
* rubyinstaller-1.9.3-p194.exe
* rubyinstaller-1.9.3-p551.exe
* rubyinstaller-2.0.0-p648.exe
* rubyinstaller-devkit-2.6.6-1-x64.exe

There could be a couple of other ones some place, if it helps...

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2021-5-5 | 12:28 am.

Luis Lavena

May 4, 2021, 12:59:41 PM5/4/21
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Mohit,

I've a full backup of all the files from Bintray, but will take a bit to get those uploaded.

Thank you for your offer, and will let you know if we encounter any issue.

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Leon Rabinovich

May 4, 2021, 3:15:28 PM5/4/21
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to ask you to upload rubyinstaller-1.8.7-p358.exe to like google drive or weTransfer and send me a download link ?

Would save me some problems in my environment :)

Mohit Sindhwani

May 4, 2021, 9:27:01 PM5/4/21
On 2021-5-5 12:59 am, Luis Lavena wrote:
> Thank you Mohit,
>
> I've a full backup of all the files from Bintray, but will take a bit
> to get those uploaded.
>
> Thank you for your offer, and will let you know if we encounter any issue.

Awesome, great!

Best Regards,
Mohit.

Mohit Sindhwani

May 4, 2021, 9:34:53 PM5/4/21
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Leon Rabinovich
Hi Leon,

On 2021-5-5 2:09 am, Leon Rabinovich wrote:
> Is it possible to ask you to upload rubyinstaller-1.8.7-p358.exe to
> like google drive or weTransfer and send me a download link ?
>
> Would save me some problems in my environment :)

Have replied to you privately.

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2021-5-5 | 9:34 am.

Liang Zhu

May 17, 2021, 9:09:18 AM5/17/21
to RubyInstaller
Hello Luis, has this issue been resolved?

I am trying to downloader ruby installer version ruby 2.2.1p85 which is the version that my current project use.

where could I find it?

Thank You
Liang

Luis Lavena

May 24, 2021, 4:10:08 AM5/24/21
to RubyInstaller
Hello folks,

Thankfully Lars scripted the upload and made all the releases available, as detailed here:

You should be able to grab the updated URLs for the downloads from the archive page:

Cheers,