Require Zlib1.dll version infromation

Narayani M

Aug 10, 2021, 6:13:36 AM8/10/21
to RubyInstaller
Hi everyone,
I installed the latest Ruby on Windows and see that the Zlib1.dll inside the bin folder does not have any version information. Can someone help me with the version of Zlib1.dll and also if there is a programmatic way to find the version of Zlib1.dll.

Thanks in advance.

Narayani

Lars Kanis

Aug 10, 2021, 7:57:31 AM8/10/21
to RubyInstaller
You can either use this on the command line:
   ruby -rzlib -e "p Zlib::ZLIB_VERSION"

or search through the binary zlib1.dll for the string "Copyright" and you'll find a version like "1.2.11".

Narayani M

Aug 18, 2021, 5:40:55 AM8/18/21
to RubyInstaller
Hi Lars,
ruby -rzlib -e "p Zlib::ZLIB_VERSION" doesn't give any result. Opening the dll mentions the version as 1.2.11.

Narayani M

Aug 19, 2021, 4:42:45 AM8/19/21
to RubyInstaller
Hi Lars,
Are there any plans to have the version information for Zlib1.dll show up in the Properties window like the other similar dlls?

Thanks,
Narayani

Lars Kanis

Aug 19, 2021, 4:46:15 AM8/19/21
to RubyInstaller
The files are provided by the MSYS2 project https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/ and I don't know of any such plans by the MSYS2 team. And there are no such plans to add version information on our own within RubyInstaller.