Switch to GitHub Discussions

Jeremy Evans

Nov 30, 2021, 5:53:29 PM11/30/21
to Roda
I'm strongly considering switching the primary discussion forum for Roda to GitHub Discussions, but keeping the Google Group available for users who would prefer to use that.  I've recently made this change for Sequel, and it seems like most users would prefer it.  However, I'll certainly consider community feedback before making this change.  Please respond in the next week if you have strong feelings either way.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Andrew Burleson

Nov 30, 2021, 6:49:52 PM11/30/21
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeremy,

GitHub discussions is probably a little more discoverable. I think the search works a bit better on Google Groups.

But in the end I think whatever is more convenient and enjoyable for you as maintainer is best for the community.

Cheers!
Andrew

On Nov 30, 2021, at 4:53 PM, Jeremy Evans <jeremy...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm strongly considering switching the primary discussion forum for Roda to GitHub Discussions, but keeping the Google Group available for users who would prefer to use that.  I've recently made this change for Sequel, and it seems like most users would prefer it.  However, I'll certainly consider community feedback before making this change.  Please respond in the next week if you have strong feelings either way.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy Evans

Dec 8, 2021, 3:28:01 PM12/8/21
to Roda
On Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 2:53:29 PM UTC-8 Jeremy Evans wrote:
I'm strongly considering switching the primary discussion forum for Roda to GitHub Discussions, but keeping the Google Group available for users who would prefer to use that.  I've recently made this change for Sequel, and it seems like most users would prefer it.  However, I'll certainly consider community feedback before making this change.  Please respond in the next week if you have strong feelings either way.

No objections, so I've decided to make GitHub Discussions the primary discussion forum for Roda.  However, I will keep the Google Group open and available for Roda users who would prefer to use Google Groups instead of GitHub Discussions.

Here's a link to GitHub Discussions for Roda : https://github.com/jeremyevans/roda/discussions

Thanks,
Jeremy