Athens Ruby Meetup #30 booked for May 10th

John

Apr 19, 2017, 9:04:26 AM4/19/17
to Ruby Hellug

Hello :-)

The team at the ArtWishlist Ltd (http://www.theartwishlist.com/) offered to host our next Athens Ruby meetup on the 10th of May.

Their GR offices are near Alexandras and Kifissias btw
People said that they are interested in at least the following:

* Design patterns & best practices
Docker in production
* SciRuby
Functional programming
Metaprogramming
Domain specific case studies
Services & APIs
Scalability & resilience
* RVM internals
Refactoring & best practices
Code smells
* NLP

and much more I am sure....

Who wants to present this time?

/pagojo

Dimitrios Zorbas

Apr 22, 2017, 7:50:28 AM4/22/17
to Ruby Hellug
Awesome! Btw http://www.theartwishlist.com/ responds with 404, are you sure it's the correct url?

John

Apr 23, 2017, 7:45:42 AM4/23/17
to Ruby Hellug

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 14:50:28 UTC+3, Dimitrios Zorbas wrote:
Awesome!

i is...and who is going to present this time?

come on people.....:-)

Do we want to forget about this meetup?

/pagojo

John

May 4, 2017, 4:22:30 AM5/4/17
to Ruby Hellug

Chaps, is there anyone interested in presenting?

We can always move this meetup to a alter date btw

/pagojo

John

May 8, 2017, 3:21:28 AM5/8/17
to Ruby Hellug

Hi, since we didn't get presenters in time we will postpone #30 for a alter date in May.

More news alter in the week.

If anyone wants a bit more time to prep, now is your chance :-)

/pagojo

Panayotis Matsinopoulos

May 8, 2017, 5:48:35 AM5/8/17
to John Pagojo, Ruby Hellug
Having talked to John,

I would love to give a beginner's presentation on Ruby on Rails architecture with a short demo on quickly building a RoR application.

Kind Regards
Panos M.

Panayotis Matsinopoulos
I am sending SMS over the WEB using Rayo SMS

Theodoros Orfanidis

May 22, 2017, 5:16:41 AM5/22/17
to Ruby Hellug, jo...@pagonis.org
Hi,

I missed it, but did the meetup actually take place on the 10th?

If not, may I suggest a meet-up in the following couple of weeks? If we don't have any presentations, we could just go for beers. Voxxed days and devIT took place a few days ago, so it's a nice opportunity for those that attended to share their experience with those of us that didn't. Does it sound like a good idea? Did anyone in this group go to either of those two conferences?

John

May 22, 2017, 9:02:03 AM5/22/17
to Ruby Hellug, jo...@pagonis.org
No. The event did not take place