Incorrect default value in documentation http://api.rubybunny.info/Bunny/Session.html

Grant Schoep

Jul 7, 2019, 4:02:56 PM7/7/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Sorry,I don't know if this is autogenerated. Was looking through source to see if I could find the source if it was...

Anyways, not sure if anyone here maintains this...
On
Constructor Details for
:heartbeat, says default:600, looking at the code it looks like it uses :server so it uses what the RabbitMQ server says, which I beleive is 60 seconds(I just tried it my self and at least my servers report back 60 seconds.
Also, it might be cool to add the word "seconds"  to the API doc.  Seconds do make sense, but then when I first saw 600, I thought maybe ms. and had to dig through code to verify

Grant Schoep

Jul 7, 2019, 6:13:10 PM7/7/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Ah, I see this was changed (default heartbeat timeout) in more recetnt RabbitMQ versions.
https://www.rabbitmq.com/heartbeats.html#heartbeats-timeout

Michael Klishin

Jul 7, 2019, 7:30:42 PM7/7/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Please submit a pull request for [1]. Thank you.

1. https://github.com/ruby-amqp/rubybunny.info
> --
> Bunny: http://rubybunny.info
> March Hare: http://rubymarchhare.info
>
> IRC: #rabbitmq on irc.freenode.net

Michael Klishin

Jul 7, 2019, 7:30:50 PM7/7/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Please submit a pull request for [1]. Thank you.

1. https://github.com/ruby-amqp/rubybunny.info

Michael Klishin

Jul 7, 2019, 7:32:14 PM7/7/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Oops, it’s the API reference. Then the PR should be against [1], see Bunny::Session.

1. https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ruby-amqp/3C31EB52-67F5-49BF-8396-C83563F75787%40rabbitmq.com.

Grant Schoep

Jul 9, 2019, 10:05:18 PM7/9/19
to Ruby RabbitMQ libraries
Hmm thats where I was looking before,  in the repo https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny

However, I'm not finding anything that matches up with what the web api(http://api.rubybunny.info/Bunny/Session.html) is showing. whcih is this...
  • :heartbeat (Integer) — default: 600

    Heartbeat interval. 0 means no heartbeat.

I'm not very knowledgeable about autogenerated API stuff, so I might be missing where this is at.