RSpec error: "MissingSpecVersionError"

Bijaya Manandhar

Mar 6, 2018, 1:46:22 PM3/6/18
to rspec
I have Ruby version 2.4.3 installed from RubyInstaller. After that I used msys64 to install RSpec that gave me RSpec 3.7.1 straight. Now my system does not want to talk between Ruby and RSpec. It pops up with "MissingSpecVersionError". I tried all I know to match the versions but did not find bundle that matches.

I work on Windows 7.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Myron Marston

Mar 6, 2018, 1:50:44 PM3/6/18
to rs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bijaya,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems installing RSpec on Windows 7.  From your description, it sounds like the problem you're having is with your ruby and gem installation tools, and not a problem with RSpec itself.  Maybe there's a windows user on this group who can help but most people here (including myself) use POSIX systems.  You'll probably have better luck asking for help from a ruby windows users group.

Good luck!
Myron