Number of progeny required for QTL mapping?

benc...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2021, 12:50:51 PM3/12/21
to R/qtl discussion
 I am wondering if anyone knows a formula which can be used to predict the number of progeny required to find QTLs? I think it will need to take into account the genetic difference or number of SNPs between the two parents, and also the recombination frequency if known already. I am thinking of deriving this formula but maybe someone here knows?

Julio Alfonso Chia Wong

Mar 12, 2021, 12:55:43 PM3/12/21
to rqtl...@googlegroups.com
Hi benc6190,

I hope it helps.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM benc...@gmail.com <benc...@gmail.com> wrote:
 I am wondering if anyone knows a formula which can be used to predict the number of progeny required to find QTLs? I think it will need to take into account the genetic difference or number of SNPs between the two parents, and also the recombination frequency if known already. I am thinking of deriving this formula but maybe someone here knows?

Atentamente/Sincerely/Atenciosamente/真誠地/Искренне,
Julio A. Chia Wong
+51 930235755
Facultad de Agronomía
Universidad Nacional Agraria de la Selva
Av. Universitaria km 1.21 - Tingo Maria - Perú

tom

Mar 13, 2021, 12:48:49 PM3/13/21
to R/qtl discussion
R/QTLdesign is also a nice tool for exploring mapping designs and power.