package 'yaml-cpp' not found

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015, 9:56:42 AM10/13/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
I am doing this exercise from below link
http://wiki.ros.org/nao/Tutorials/Installation/compileFromVirtualNao

After compile it, the command is below:

src/catkin/bin/catkin_make_isolated --install -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCATKIN_ENABLE_TESTING=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install -j4

There are some error:
-- Found gtest: gtests will be built
-- Using Python nosetests: /usr/bin/nosetests-2.7
-- catkin 0.6.15
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- filesystem
-- checking for module 'yaml-cpp'
-- package 'yaml-cpp' not found
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:28 (if):
if given arguments:

"VERSION_GREATER" "0.5"

Unknown arguments specified

<== Failed to process package 'camera_calibration_parsers':
Command '['/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/install_isolated/env.sh', 'cmake', '/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/src/image_common/camera_calibration_parsers', '-DCATKIN_DEVEL_PREFIX=/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/devel_isolated/camera_calibration_parsers', '-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/install_isolated', '-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release', '-G', 'Unix Makefiles']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Reproduce this error by running:
==> cd /home/nao/nao_ros_ws/build_isolated/camera_calibration_parsers && /home/nao/nao_ros_ws/install_isolated/env.sh cmake /home/nao/nao_ros_ws/src/image_common/camera_calibration_parsers -DCATKIN_DEVEL_PREFIX=/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/devel_isolated/camera_calibration_parsers -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/nao/nao_ros_ws/install_isolated -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -G 'Unix Makefiles'

Command failed, exiting.

I have already install yaml-cpp. I have tried version 0.2.6 and 0.5.1 downloaded from below
https://code.google.com/p/yaml-cpp/downloads/list
However, the errors are still happened.
Can anyone help me to fix it?
Thank You very much.

Dang Thi Hai Ha

Oct 13, 2015, 10:35:15 AM10/13/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How did you install yaml-cpp? Did you compile it with option --prefix=~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install ?

Regards,
Ha.

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015, 11:54:00 AM10/13/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran

Thank you for your reply.
I installed it by this way.

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON ..
$ make
$ sudo make install

Ha Dang於 2015年10月13日星期二 UTC+8下午10時35分15秒寫道:

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015, 12:09:45 PM10/13/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
For , --prefix=~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install
I tried it. It doesn't work. There still are the same problem. Thank you

yink...@gmail.com於 2015年10月13日星期二 UTC+8下午11時54分00秒寫道:

Dang Thi Hai Ha

Oct 14, 2015, 1:01:47 AM10/14/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How about this:

mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install ..
$ make
$ make install
?

And can you check where the library is installed after the 'make install'? It should be printed out at the end of the compiling messages.

Regards,
Ha.

Karsten K

Oct 14, 2015, 2:17:42 AM10/14/15
to ros-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Follow the instruction which Ha gave you. This will install yaml-cpp in your install folder (here namely ~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install). Then, before calling catkin_make_isolated make sure that you sourced the setup.bash in in your install folder. With this you tell catkin to look for external dependencies in this exact install folder where you installed yaml-cpp.

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2015, 9:33:50 AM10/14/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
After make install, it will stored into /usr/local/include/yaml-cpp
If use following command,
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install ..
It will stored into ros_toolchain_install/include

But the errors are still there.

Ha Dang於 2015年10月14日星期三 UTC+8下午1時01分47秒寫道:

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2015, 9:37:55 AM10/14/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
Thank you for your help
You mean this command?
source ~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install/setup.bash
But I can't find setup.bash in that folder.

In the installation document, it said:
This will most likely crash the first time, since it cannot find the libraries and includes of our previously installed external dependencies. However, we have now a setup.bash file inside our ros_toolchain_install folder. Source this and run it again.
But for me, there is no setup.bash file.

Karsten Knese於 2015年10月14日星期三 UTC+8下午2時17分42秒寫道:

yink...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2015, 10:28:46 AM10/14/15
to ROS Sig Aldebaran
I know what happen now
I should install the package into
~/my_workspace/ros_toolchain_install
and this problem is fixed.
Thank you Ha Dang and Karsten Knese. Thank you for your helps.
There are another problem after this problem is fixed.
I would open another post for another problem.