Harris Hill Friday...

Wings-Aron Lantz

Oct 5, 2022, 10:03:23 PM10/5/22
to 'chris toomey' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF
Looks like something might be possible at Harris.

May be pretty strong based on the current forecast.

Watching the forecast till then...

Let's fly soon!

Aron

Mark Donahoe

Oct 6, 2022, 11:17:47 AM10/6/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'chris toomey' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF
Me too!

James Fardette

Oct 6, 2022, 1:40:25 PM10/6/22
to Mark Donahoe, Wings-Aron Lantz, 'chris toomey' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF
Looking possible. I’m game.

Oct 7, 2022, 7:45:22 AM10/7/22
to RAF, Mark Donahoe, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, James Fardette
Julie and I are going to Harris.  Looks like we should be able to get there by 12:00 to 12:30 timeframe.

Aron

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/DM4PR19MB6122AF2344304CE4620115DAB45C9%40DM4PR19MB6122.namprd19.prod.outlook.com.

Mark Donahoe

Oct 7, 2022, 8:20:16 AM10/7/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, James Fardette
Eta 12, see you then.

James Fardette

Oct 7, 2022, 8:33:41 AM10/7/22
to Mark Donahoe, Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
I will be there later, maybe 1-2 or thereabouts.

Oct 7, 2022, 9:05:53 AM10/7/22
to James Fardette, Mark Donahoe, Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers

Bill Vickery

Oct 7, 2022, 11:03:38 AM10/7/22
to James Fardette, Mark Donahoe, Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
Gyros are slow coming up to speed today.  Still my "plan" but a bit later as it clears up through the day.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Oct 7, 2022, 11:18:37 AM10/7/22
to Bill Vickery, James Fardette, Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
That will give me a chance to weedwack the launch. I'M bringing one along.

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

James Fardette

Oct 7, 2022, 12:01:26 PM10/7/22
to 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Bill Vickery, Wings-Aron Lantz, Mark Donahoe, RAF
Looks like there’s no rush to get there. In Corning it’s still 100% overcast with an occasional sprinkle. Wind direction seems OK, maybe a little strong.

Oct 7, 2022, 1:05:09 PM10/7/22
to Robert Skinner, Mark Donahoe, Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, James Fardette
You the man Aaron.

Hey,

I'm starting to wonder if I'm "feeling" it.  Silly of me to miss what are rare flyable days in a shorting life though.

Either way,  if you would like to detour a bit on your way home, you could check out Jack's Laminar.

I'll DM you a pin.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Oct 7, 2022, 1:08:28 PM10/7/22
to Bill Vickery, Robert Skinner, Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, James Fardette
Ok Bill, hey I don't want to twist your arm too much, but it looks like we are gonna have at least 4 people out today.  Mark and I are setting up now.  The wind is pretty good right now, and we hope the sun comes out in a bit.  Pretty sure it will shape up as a nice day to fly this afternoon :)

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Wings-Aron Lantz

Oct 7, 2022, 11:25:27 PM10/7/22
to RAF, Bill Vickery, Robert Skinner, Mark Donahoe, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, James Fardette
Flight report for Friday.

I'd say we saw more hawks, crows etc joyfully playing in the air than I've ever seen.  You could tell they were having fun, diving and even practicing their stalls and wingovers...maybe it was the near full moon making them fly so wild :)

We had a nice day flying, a bit on the textured side of the scale.  It was a cold front passage from like noon till 3 and we watched it change (felt the cooler temps too) The solid clouds moved out then we had scattered clouds with some sun.  After that say the first 45 minutes of flying was pretty bumpy and work to fly in!  Then conditions mellowed and it was getting more fun.

Mark went first, Aron next and Jason L. was off the hill.

I think the highest we got today was around 700 over.  Flights ranged up to 1:25.  It was still soarable when we called it a day, it was smoother, but upper wind speeds seemed to be building as seen on on launch.  There were times where at 600 over or so you would be parked up there.  Not a great day to try to thermal becase of getting blown back too far.

Jason was going to fly again but decided against it with the Falcon due to the wind speed increase near 5:30-6pm.

Jim K. and Jim F. and Julie assisted today...thanks!  A friend of Jim K. visited as well and did some photo shooting of the flying.

It was a great day to be on the hill with you all and our feathered friends.

Let's fly soon!

Aron