Happy Thanksgiving

Robert Slebodnik

Nov 24, 2022, 5:43:33 PM11/24/22
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Happy Thanksgiving to all my free flight friends. Thank you for all your instruction, assistance, advice,  good humor, and friendship. I cannot express how much it is appreciated.
Best wishes,
Bob Slebodnik

chris toomey

Nov 24, 2022, 8:00:27 PM11/24/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Thanks Bob.  I too am thankful for the friends and experiences that Free Flight has brought me.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Chris

Sent from my iPhone

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqoWsgfzxwwJcxiJ0EJP91t1VUztf8GQ7GE8KFtum6KJGg%40mail.gmail.com.

Rick Brown

Nov 25, 2022, 8:14:29 AM11/25/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Thanks Bob, I hope you had a great day. You still in Utah?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/9E6CA96D-1A20-400D-93C7-9CC30589CDC6%40yahoo.com.

Robert Slebodnik

Nov 25, 2022, 8:45:15 AM11/25/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
I'm at JFK now. I'll be home this afternoon.

Katrin Parsiegla

Nov 25, 2022, 9:58:28 AM11/25/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Did they serve turkey on the plane?

Robert Slebodnik

Nov 25, 2022, 10:00:18 AM11/25/22
to Rochester Area Flyers

pumpkinfarmer7

Nov 26, 2022, 9:36:00 AM11/26/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Question

I live in Cape Vincent, NY

Is there a way to attain P2 novice certification locally within 3 hours drive during this summer?

Thank you

chris toomey

Nov 26, 2022, 9:50:59 AM11/26/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Not that I know of off hand.  Morningside Flight park  would be a good place to look into.  They have camping facilities available.  If you go to USHPA’s website, you can search for individual instructors near you.  I k ow there are some instructors down state.  Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Katrin Parsiegla

Nov 26, 2022, 10:03:38 AM11/26/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Hi there,
Your options are:
1. in New England: Morningside Flight Park, or New England Paragliding, for example, 5-6 hours.
2. Yamasca Quebec Canada, 4 hours
3. Greater Toronto area, 4 hours
Our guys here prefer to take a vacation and learn out west. Popular are:
- Point of the Mountain UT,
- Santa Barbara CA.
These last two practically guarantee good training weather all year round.
Unfortunately there is no one close to you, so you will need to make some decisions.
Hope this helps.

Jim Black

Nov 26, 2022, 10:03:40 AM11/26/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, James Black
One option might be...

Seems like "local" PG training is possible but challenging given our weather and training season. Takes lots of persistence!

Most of our local club PG pilots have taken a more quick and intensive option of traveling to 7-14 day training programs (e.g Santa Barbara or Point of the Mountain). The ability to train virtually every day is essential to

Note - many great programs toute 7-8 days to P2 but in reality it is more like 10-14 days of training which can be broken up into 2 trips if that is more practical/possible.

Free flight does require time and money but is still the least expensive of aviation!

Feel free to reach out if you want to talk more.

Jim

--
Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His

Jim Black

Nov 26, 2022, 10:05:33 AM11/26/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, James Black
Looks like Katrin and I are on the same page😃!

John OHearn

Nov 26, 2022, 10:10:57 AM11/26/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers
I think the closest instructor now, is out of the New England club in Lake George.
I live in Gouverneur, have lived in the Cape, and have been flying PG's for 25 years. 315-771-9089 Glad to help

Robert Slebodnik

Nov 26, 2022, 10:13:41 AM11/26/22
to Rochester Area Flyers, James Black
I took my P2 lessons at Point of the Mountain using the Cloud 9 school and I just got back from some additional lessons there. There are 4-5 schools there.  I am familiar with the area since my daughter lives there, so feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk.
Bob Slebodnik
585-Two 85- 5 three 04

pumpkinfarmer7

Nov 26, 2022, 12:33:12 PM11/26/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. I will do just that