Friday, Dec. 9, 2022, Indian Cliffs

Robert Slebodnik

Dec 7, 2022, 5:23:11 PM12/7/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Is anyone looking at Indian Cliffs this Friday? Looks like it could be good for PGs.

Robert Skinner

Dec 8, 2022, 11:10:06 AM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for IC tomorrow ...

Rob

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqo6cKo7ikBCeai%2B5t9%3Dv2z3b2iW4m5Z3kkm6ukFdZsM3A%40mail.gmail.com.

--

Rob

Clinton Fought

Dec 8, 2022, 11:13:33 AM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
I could make it up to fly IC tomorrow. Someone has to check with the land owner, correct?

-Clint

Robert Skinner

Dec 8, 2022, 11:18:15 AM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Yep ..
Check with the landowner
Call the tower before and after flight ops.
Have a local pilot onsite.

Rob

--

Rob

Jim Black

Dec 8, 2022, 2:02:47 PM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested. What time to meet up?

Similar conditions all day and it gets dark early!

Jim

[...]

Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His
Inclusive Teacher Education Programs
Nazareth College
4245 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618-3790

Robert Skinner

Dec 8, 2022, 2:14:59 PM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Meet at Noon in the Cliffs LZ at 11 ?

--

Rob

Jim Black

Dec 8, 2022, 2:28:51 PM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com

Wings-Aron Lantz

Dec 8, 2022, 3:06:56 PM12/8/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
Good afternoon,

I spoke with the landowner Dave.  We have permission for Friday.  He said the last stretch of the road past the field is wet and soft, so 4 wheel drive only.  Don't tear it up.  He said drive in the same track as other vehicles so if there is rutting it is just 2 ruts, that is better than 6 ruts.

Don't forget to call the tower.

Sounds like you will have a local pilot with Rob S. and Jim B. ?

Have good flights!

Aron

chris toomey

Dec 8, 2022, 3:19:43 PM12/8/22
to Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
Interested.  Hoping to get John to come out. Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 8, 2022, at 3:06 PM, Wings-Aron Lantz <wi...@aronlantz.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Upstate NY Free Flyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upstate-ny-free-flyers/1d437094-64a9-4463-bef6-f114b9e11dfe%40aronlantz.com.

Robert Slebodnik

Dec 8, 2022, 5:57:23 PM12/8/22
to Rochester Area Flyers

Robert Skinner

Dec 8, 2022, 10:06:21 PM12/8/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Bob, Karl, and I are leaving Bob's place at 9:30, so we'll probably be there at 11.
Aron said he might make it.
Aaron called the landowneres.
They're cool with us flying tomorrow, but we have to make sure we don't leave any ruts.

Rob

--

Rob

Robert Slebodnik

Dec 9, 2022, 10:10:20 AM12/9/22
to Rochester Area Flyers

Air Ed

Dec 9, 2022, 5:54:52 PM12/9/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers
What'd I miss? Looked too light. Everyone PG?

Robert Slebodnik

Dec 9, 2022, 6:32:50 PM12/9/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Ed,
It probably would have been a bit light for HG flying.
Five PGs (Jim B., Clint F., Karl L. Chris T. and I flew for approximately between 30-60 minutes each.
It would have been nice to see you.  Perhaps next time.
Best wishes,
Bob Slebodnik

chris toomey

Dec 9, 2022, 6:39:02 PM12/9/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
6 PG’s flew.  Karl, Chris, Rob, Jim, Bob and Clint.  It was probably 6-8 with gusts not much more than that.  The air was smooth with some thermals.  Might have been doable in a HG , but marginal.   Totally overcast despite forecast for sun.  Cloud base about 950 over launch.  Flights ranged from 17 minutes to over an hour.  Clint had the flight of the day.  We all chose to land..    because of cold fingers and toes.    Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2022, at 5:59 PM, Air Ed <ejo...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

What'd I miss? Looked too light. Everyone PG?

Katrin Parsiegla

Dec 10, 2022, 7:52:40 AM12/10/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
The landowner was called and the tower was called before and after.