Carving the Sky: PG Tow on Saturday

Jim Black

Oct 24, 2021, 11:53:22 PM10/24/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers, jblack8
Matt laid out his wing on the grass next to the path and landed in the same spot laying his wing back down on the grass. Jim Black was the tow operator with his first experience towing PG.

Jim Black

Jim Black

Oct 25, 2021, 12:27:17 AM10/25/21

--
Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His

Romano Almonte

Oct 25, 2021, 4:18:05 AM10/25/21
to Jim Black, rochester...@googlegroups.com, upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com
I get much higher surface tows on PG than HG.  And since PGs excel on climbing up on smaller and lighter thermals, surface towing PG on days when the mountains aren't launchable might be a feasible way to get up and stay up in the air. I heard down in South Jersey, PG pilots have gone XC on surface tow.

romano

Glauber, Leo

Oct 25, 2021, 5:40:54 PM10/25/21
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, Jim Black, upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com

How do we go about getting USHPA skill  “Surface Tow Launch” for paragliders?

-Leo

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/MN2PR19MB376092A246BF19D0C40DB10FBB839%40MN2PR19MB3760.namprd19.prod.outlook.com.

This e-mail, attachments included, is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, copy or diffusion, even partial of this message is prohibited. Please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Since the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, SODEXO cannot therefore be considered liable for its content.

Ce message, pieces jointes incluses, est confidentiel. Il est etabli a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire, toute utilisation, copie ou diffusion, meme partielle de ce message est interdite. Merci de le detruire et d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur. L'integrite de ce message ne pouvant etre garantie sur Internet, SODEXO ne peut etre tenu responsable de son contenu.

Glauber, Leo

Oct 26, 2021, 7:39:07 AM10/26/21
to David Oddy, Rochester Area Flyers

Thanks David, Paul Voight the closest Static Tow Observer to us.

Oct 26, 2021, 8:16:48 AM10/26/21
to rochester...@googlegroups.com, David Oddy
Strange that the instructor who is the authority for towing, Steve Wendt in VA (he teaches HG and PG via surface tow) isn't on that list.

Robert Skinner