Harris Hill Saturday 10/8 ?

Air Ed

Oct 7, 2022, 10:41:35 PM10/7/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers
Interest? In addition to favorable speed and direction, we're post frontal, temp-DP spread OK, some sun and no precip frcst.

James Kolynich

Oct 8, 2022, 7:49:51 AM10/8/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers
Out of town company here this weekend.
Not flying today.

Bill Vickery

Oct 8, 2022, 10:48:19 AM10/8/22
to RAF
Anyone else?
Seeing some W concerns perhaps.

Man the chill weighs in more these days.  I hope I'm not going the winter way of JK...lol

Really want some foliage flying though!

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/715c221d-712a-4030-a26e-c9fb67907a37n%40googlegroups.com.

chris toomey

Robert Slebodnik

Oct 8, 2022, 10:53:31 AM10/8/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
I would love to, but I am out of town.
Bob Slebodnik

Bill Vickery

Oct 8, 2022, 11:12:44 AM10/8/22
to RAF
Local wind turbines indicating a substantial W component and it also appears it may be stronger than forcast again today.

Like the spirit Ed!
Let's get it soon!

Wings-Aron Lantz

Oct 8, 2022, 11:25:11 AM10/8/22
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
We got the technology to deal with that...

Type this in on ebay "gerbings heated base layer"

I don't have the base layer yet, but it on my wish list.

I do have a pair of Gerbings heated motorcycle gloves...with internal battery pack.  Love them for winter flying and motorcycle riding!

...or go south!

Aron

Air Ed

Oct 8, 2022, 11:25:16 AM10/8/22
to RochesterAreaFlyers
No turbines here, but skew-T indicated >280 'till 4:00 or so. Gliderport wx station showing 10-15G20. I was hoping to soar fall foliage also. Oh well, I guess another day will do.

Bill Vickery

Oct 8, 2022, 12:53:23 PM10/8/22
to RAF
Lol.
I got the heated gloves and all the warm goods.  Ed and I were part of the small hard core group.  Among others, you could always count on Ron Kittridge being there:-)  Apparently I just like to whine.
Looking like a good call not going today.  So much to do before the snow flies.