Friday, August 12

Robert Slebodnik

Aug 11, 2022, 8:54:09 PM8/11/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Is anyone looking at Indian Cliffs for Friday?
Bob S.

Robert Skinner

Aug 11, 2022, 9:43:40 PM8/11/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

I have to work tomorrow but can do Saturday ...
Looks like Harris finally settled down today about 7, but it also went North ..

image.png

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqpfpw80VRX2pS00E%2BTviiU99cx8B1YwwQjLp8t%2BKYHP9g%40mail.gmail.com.

--

Rob

Robert Slebodnik

Aug 11, 2022, 9:46:50 PM8/11/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Rob,
Sorry to hear that you can't make it on Friday
Is anywhere forecast to be good on Saturday? It looks very light on Saturday.
Bob S.

Robert Skinner

Aug 11, 2022, 9:56:01 PM8/11/22
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Depends on what you are looking for ...
I think there will be enough ridge lift to keep us afloat between thermals.
Good XC potential and strong lift.
I'm not a huge fan of forecasts, but 6 or 7 NW surface winds Saturday afternoon with updraft velocities at 6 or 700 fpm and top  ~7-8000'.

image.png
image.png

--

Rob

Robert Slebodnik

Aug 11, 2022, 10:01:29 PM8/11/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
OK.  That sounds good. I was worried that the models I was looking at looked light. I'm in on Saturday if the conditions permit.
Bob S.