Fast PCB production?

Nathan Williams

Aug 20, 2014, 7:14:11 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm designing a simple PCB that I need quickly.
Can anyone suggest options?

Thanks,
Nathan

Andrew

Aug 20, 2014, 7:15:22 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

How many layers?

Nathan Williams

Aug 20, 2014, 7:17:31 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Only 2.
It is just a simple carrier board for an Arduino Pro mini clone and an nRF24L01+.

Andrew

Aug 20, 2014, 7:19:48 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

Nathan Williams

Aug 20, 2014, 7:34:02 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Ballpark of 50-60mm long, 30-35mm wide.
It is a simple board and I'll hopefully have the design complete tonight, so the above are estimates (but should be close)

Andrew

Aug 20, 2014, 7:38:26 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

We can have a go at making it at the space if it is just a prototype/test.

If you want a more "professional" board, then Hackvana would be a good answer.  Higher quality than DIY but still takes 10 days or so.

Nathan Williams

Aug 20, 2014, 7:51:48 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
I have currently made a version on perfboard which is good enough for testing, I was looking for a "professional" board.
If time runs out however a DIY board would be better than the perfboard.

I'm tight on time right now (as always) as I also have to write a fair bit more code to get where I want to be, but if I want to try the DIY route, when would we be able to try?
I have some double sided board already, I just haven't succeeded in the toner transfer method myself yet.

Andrew

Aug 20, 2014, 7:57:15 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

Toner transfer can be tricky but I am getting pretty good with it now.

Jason has already given a link to hackvana.  The best way to talk to Mitch is via IRC.  Freenode #hackvana

You can "expedite" the boards by paying for DHL shipping rather than HK Post.  I *might* have a board ready soon which we could work in to share the shipping cost.

What is the time pressure?

Nathan Williams

Aug 20, 2014, 8:37:39 PM8/20/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
I'm entered into the hackaday prize (http://hackaday.io/prize/):
http://hackaday.io/project/1183-Iota%3A-Internet-of-things-for-all

The first stage deadline is this afternoon, I have met those requirements and I think my chances of getting to the next round are very good.
Assuming I make it into the top 50, I only have another month until the next stage to get into the top 5.

That one is a bit more of a long shot, but I might as well try for it!