Injury update,

Tomas Rohlander

Apr 2, 2023, 6:05:49 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I got home without any problems, except when I had to try to put my right foot on the ground.
Anyway after I got home I went to the ER because of the pain in my foot.. They took an x-ray and it turned out to be a "closed nondisplaced fracture of lateral malleolus of right fibula, initial encounter." Ankle fracture in plain english.
No surgery BUT I have to be in this boot for 6 weeks, so I guess I'm lucky.
I hope you all enjoyed the rest of the ride.

Tomas

Robert Wendl

Apr 2, 2023, 6:33:19 PM4/2/23
to Rocky Rountain Rat
Tomas,

Sorry to hear about your ankle and I hope your recovery goes well.

I made home with any issues other than  fighting the wind until I got on E-470.

Otherwise it was a great day!

Bob Wendl

Apr 2, 2023, 8:20:52 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
So sorry to hear this, Tomas!  Let us know if there is anything we can do!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Martin

sfr4201

Apr 2, 2023, 8:26:03 PM4/2/23
to Tomas Rohlander, rm...@googlegroups.com
Tomas

Don't feel so bad,last time l rode a motorcycle was early December!Been working an aortic anerizm,which consisted of two rounds of C.T. testing.Think l may have rounded the corner,but waiting on what my M.D. has to say.Who says getting old is fun!!!Hoping you have a speedy recovery Tomas

        E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Apr 2, 2023, 9:34:30 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Oh no, what happened?

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 4:05 PM Tomas Rohlander <trohl...@gmail.com> wrote:

DAN PILCHER

Apr 2, 2023, 10:02:05 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Tomas, I'm reading betweenthe lines and assuming that you had a mishap today on the ride.

Sorry to hear this.  Good to hear that you will not need surgergy, and you have my sympathy for the pain and having to wear a boot.

Take care and good luck.

Dan

Tomas Rohlander

Apr 2, 2023, 10:16:29 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jim,
The wind the last couple of days  had blown the sand pretty thick in some places over the road at Carter lake and I  lost it when I slowly tried to cross over it and the motorcycle landed on my right foot.

Tomas

Jim Baker

Apr 2, 2023, 10:34:40 PM4/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Yikes!  Glad to hear you're walking, if limping.

Sara Salter

Apr 3, 2023, 12:07:25 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Well, Tomas -

I'm glad it was just your ankle that was abused! That sand is nasty :(
Sara

Apr 3, 2023, 8:35:57 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Tomas:

I hated to read that you went down but it could have been worse. Due to recent snow, the sand spread by the road crews in the mountains is everywhere. We all need to be on our games.

Take care.

Bob Sheehan

LARRY POAGUE

Apr 3, 2023, 8:53:11 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I would like to "Echo" everyones sentiments. Get well and riding soon.

Don Nelson

Apr 3, 2023, 9:09:16 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I’ve never ridden with this group. Was planning to go on the Sunday fundraiser ride, but ended up not. It’s no fun going down, but I’m glad to hear you got by somewhat lightly.

Don Nelson

Sent from my iPhone

Norman Wright

Apr 3, 2023, 11:23:10 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Tomas, What's the back story, did you have an accident?  Hope you feel better soon.

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 4:05 PM Tomas Rohlander <trohl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Brian Weberg

Apr 3, 2023, 11:48:37 AM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tomas, really glad you're OK. Hope the recovery is quick and easy.

Brian W.

David

Apr 3, 2023, 5:06:38 PM4/3/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bummer Tomas, glad it wasn’t worse!! I know all too well about that injury, maybe we can commiserate about our ankles.

And it was probably fixed with a “Closed Reduction”, per medical terminology.
Heal well my friend.
-Warf

Sent from my iPhone