RevZilla store coming

Curtis Graves

Sep 27, 2021, 10:10:21 AM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Did you guys see that RevZilla is opening a brick-and-mortar on Walnut Street next month?

sean1881

Sep 27, 2021, 10:18:32 AM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering when they were actually going to open. I saw a blurb and a hiring notice about it in June.

I wonder how it will differ from CycleGear now that they are the same company? Larger I assume.

Maybe not good news for Performance Cycle?

Sent from my Galaxy

sean1881

Sep 27, 2021, 10:21:37 AM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I wonder when the 3rd head of that 3 headed monster, JP Cycle is coming? 2023?

Sent from my Galaxy

Sep 27, 2021, 10:26:54 AM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Given its location, I’m thinking John Beldock must be their landlord.

sean1881

Sep 27, 2021, 10:45:24 AM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I saw Revzilla purchased the Rever app as well. They are heading towards becoming the Starbucks of motorcycle gear 🤣

Steve Smith

Sep 27, 2021, 12:23:31 PM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I really hope that Performance Cycle survives. They’ve been a successful local company that has been supplying riders in Colorado  for years.

--
Steve

Sean Donnelly

Sep 27, 2021, 12:29:23 PM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I agree.  We have already lost a couple of local shops over the years.  Nothing against, Reveille.  I shop there as well as Motorgear Outlet when they have something that Performance doesn’t carry or can’t get through their supplier.  But I really hope to see local businesses like Performance, Rocky Mountain ATV-MC, AOMC and other survive.

Sean Donnelly

Sep 27, 2021, 12:30:37 PM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Meant to say Revzilla below.  Damned voice to text fails me again hahaha

sfr4201

Sep 27, 2021, 5:53:45 PM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
This year,they celebrated their 40th anniversary with a big event mid- July.Sadly,Cycle Gear in Thornton is much closer to me

                      E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Manuel

Sep 27, 2021, 11:08:01 PM9/27/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I would support performance over RevZilla.  I would support let it ride over performance.  Honestly, to if Beldock stands to profit from this, I probably won't support it.  I'm going to do something I don't normally do; support for our group deteriorated.  You all day it as they stopped even making appearances at anything we do.  We don't fit their political face, so we were case aside.  I've also met more than one former employee in recent years.  The" culture" is only marketing and profit is King.  This may not be agreeable to all, but it is what I have experienced.  While they present themselves as progressive, as soon as the leadership was turned over to a brown guy, they didn't seem to want to have anything to do with me.  Maybe alot of you might be upset about this, but I don't feel I ever got the support from Erico that any previous leader received.  We've been discarded by them.  I'm done.

Curtis Graves

Sep 28, 2021, 10:31:46 AM9/28/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Remind me to tell you a story …

TK

Sep 28, 2021, 10:58:00 AM9/28/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Curtis, tell us a story!

Sent from my iPhone

Sean Donnelly

Sep 28, 2021, 11:08:16 AM9/28/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I kind of wondered what happened with the relationship with Erico. But since Sara and I are not that heavily involved and never had any kind of relationship with Erico ourselves, didn’t really think it was our place to ask.  But it did just seem to rapidly deteriorate.

But yeah, I would support Let it Ride or Performance over RevZilla and miss Motogear Outlet as well.   I just prefer to support local and/or small business  even if it does cost a little more or I have to go a little further.

 Sean Donnelly

Jim Baker

Sep 29, 2021, 11:17:07 AM9/29/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious what 'political face' they're going for ... we're a bunch of accountants and lawyers and IT geeks ... literally the upscale market a boutique brand needs.  What's his problem?

Jim Baker

Sep 29, 2021, 11:20:23 AM9/29/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
For the record, my only real interaction with the guy was at a track day, where he was pleasant and seemed like a normal bike guy.  But if he was mean to Manny, that's all I need to hear.

WAYNE EVERMAN

Sep 29, 2021, 4:45:18 PM9/29/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I prefer to shop for accessories at Performance Cycle, as they are closest to my home. and they have a large inventory of premium brands.  PC is affiliated with the 3 largest motorcycle accessories distributors in the US, and they have probably the largest sales of FOX MX gear in the state.  I also patronize Let It Ride if I am on that side of town (I'm in SE Aurora).  I have visited the CycleGear store in Lakewood, but have only purchased some Triumph-specific parts from their online site.  I will probably visit the Revzilla store next to Erico, as I will continue to patronize Erico for a possible future motorcycle purchase, parts, and Triumph-branded riding gear.

I am satisfied that RMRAT made a clean break with it's affiliation with Erico, and won't comment any further on it.  I feel personally that RMRAT has morphed into more of an all brands riding club, and don't see the need for corporate support, even though I agree that an affiliation with Foothills could be beneficial.  I'm concerned, however, that in 2+ years, Foothills has not presented RMRAT with any concrete proposals to act upon.

Anyway, No rules, No dues, Let's Ride!  EWB

Norman Wright

Sep 30, 2021, 1:32:16 PM9/30/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
My concern has become it's more like No Rules, No Dues No rides!

Martin Richard

Oct 1, 2021, 9:27:32 PM10/1/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if I'm the only one who is not particularly impressed with Cycle Gear?  They seem to have a very limited selection of helmets and other gear.  Nobody from their staff has ever said a word to me when I came in and I don't think I'd have much confidence in them, certainly not enough to ask for assistance buying a helmet.

They're open on Sunday which probably takes some business away from Performance.  But the thing about Performance is, if they don't have it in stock, nobody else is likely to either.  Their helmet and gear selection is head and shoulders above any other brick-and-mortar store I've seen.  Tires, filters, oil, etc - I'm always pretty confident I can get it at Performance, anyplace else it's going to be hit or miss especially with an "off brand" like Triumph.

So yeah, I suppose a RevZilla "boutique" in LoDo (or is it RiNo?) might draw in a few hipster bikers, but I'm guessing those of us who are old enough to remember when LoDo was skid row will continue to shop at Performance.   And my guess is that they won't last more than a few years.

Besides that, there's no friggin' parking on Walnut street.

Jim Baker

Oct 1, 2021, 9:33:59 PM10/1/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Must be location-specific, Martin.  You're right, they have limited selection, but the staff down here is great, very helpful, will order stuff for you, etc.  I try to throw them some business (I bought my latest Shoei there) if for no other reason that they are the only place you will find open on a Monday.

Curtis Graves

Oct 2, 2021, 12:14:33 AM10/2/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Totally agree. Cycle Gear: When you absolutely, positively must have something on a Sunday. Otherwise, Performance. Do we know how big the store will be?

JEFF WALTERS

Oct 2, 2021, 9:54:11 AM10/2/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Martin. I think your right. They have their brands they have contracted with since they are a national chain. That being said, I think it depends on which Cycle Gear store you go to as far as how they help. I have been in some out in Sandy UT where they greeted you and were very ready to help. As far as helmets, they will always try to get you to buy them as tight as possible. While I understand that a helmet needs to be secure, I also want to make sure that it does not cut off circulation to my brain. 😁. Just have to know your head shape and what the helmet shape is aiming at.  I used to go over to Let it Ride and the owner there was always great to deal with. So much of inventories on online rather than in the stores anymore also.