Update on Madie

DAN PILCHER

Mar 1, 2023, 4:02:16 PM3/1/23
to RM...@googlegroups.com
Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Curtis Graves

Mar 1, 2023, 4:13:39 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Dan!

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 2:02 PM DAN PILCHER <danpi...@comcast.net> wrote:
Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Richard Hansen

Mar 1, 2023, 4:18:40 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

Glad the surgery was successful!

Rich

Tk Kennedy

Mar 1, 2023, 4:23:23 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Appreciate the update(s), Dan.  I saw Mike last week when I was walking the dogs and he shared the news that the surgery was a “go”.  Thinking of you and Madie during the recovery.  Let us know if we can help in whatever way is needed!

TK

Managing Partner of Raising Two Kids LLC

On Mar 1, 2023, at 2:02 PM, DAN PILCHER <danpi...@comcast.net> wrote:

Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Jim Baker

Mar 1, 2023, 4:25:09 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic news, Dan!

Vince M Lane

Mar 1, 2023, 4:25:44 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news Dan, what hospital is she in?

Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Keith Houghton

Mar 1, 2023, 5:14:52 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
That’s great news!

Ron Reid

Mar 1, 2023, 5:44:18 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Great News, Thanks for the update.
Wish her a speedy recovery 😉
🏍️ Ron

Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 2:02:06 PM

To: rm...@googlegroups.com <RM...@googlegroups.com>
Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

DAN PILCHER

Mar 1, 2023, 5:46:15 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com, Vince M Lane
She’s at the University of Colorado Hospital, Anschutz Campus, in Aurora.

Steve Smith

Mar 1, 2023, 6:17:12 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

Annette and I are so happy for you two getting through this with the hoped for results. Madie’s a wonderful person and we’re pulling for her.

All the best,

The Smiths

--
Steve

Robert Wendl

Mar 1, 2023, 6:51:11 PM3/1/23
to Rocky Rountain Rat
Dan,

Denise and I are glad the surgery was successful! Both of you are in our prayers.

Bob Wendl

Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Tavis Aitken

Mar 1, 2023, 6:55:29 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Dan,
I am glad to hear it went well. I hope her recovery goes well!

Tavis

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 14:02 DAN PILCHER <danpi...@comcast.net> wrote:
Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

 -= Tavis =-

sfr4201

Mar 1, 2023, 7:30:34 PM3/1/23
to Tavis Aitken, rm...@googlegroups.com
Dan

From the tone of your e- mail,it sounds like Madie's surgery went according to plan.Hope the post surgical recovery is the same as well.Great news none the less!

             E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Thomas Sangl

Mar 1, 2023, 7:34:41 PM3/1/23
to Tavis Aitken, rm...@googlegroups.com

Chris Peltz

Mar 1, 2023, 11:28:05 PM3/1/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Dan! Hoping her recovery goes smooth.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023, 2:02 PM DAN PILCHER <danpi...@comcast.net> wrote:
Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

Tomas Rohlander

LARRY POAGUE

Mar 2, 2023, 9:52:33 AM3/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Totally Excellent news !!

Martin Richard

WAYNE EVERMAN

Mar 2, 2023, 6:29:41 PM3/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Dan; this is great news. We wish Madie and yourself the best.  Wayne and Terry Everman
On 03/01/2023 2:02 PM DAN PILCHER <danpi...@comcast.net> wrote:

Madie has successfully made it through surgery and is on her way to recovery.  Dr. Richard Schulick was able to get clear margins when removing the tumor and do the hoped-for-surgery (a distal pancreatectomy and a splenectomy) in a procedure that lasted about 3.5 hours.  Madie this afternoon will transfer to a hospital floor, Surgical Specialities, where Lila, my daughter, worked for two years (2019-2021).  We think she will be in the Hospital for about a week.  Thanks to all of you who have been concerned about her and have sent good thoughts and prayers.  I greatly appreciate your concerns!

Dan

David

Mar 2, 2023, 11:11:45 PM3/2/23
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Awesome report, Dan. Such good news! Andrea and I hope Madie now has a real fine recovery.

Sent from my iPhone