Hill City Ride 9-9 to 9-11?

Martin Richard

Jul 21, 2022, 9:59:43 PM7/21/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Trying to get a tentative head count for the number who might be interested in a ride to Hill City, SD, from 9/9 to 9/11 2022.  Please let me know  if you would sign up for this trip so I can figure out how many rooms to look for.

I'm also considering that Keystone might be an alternative if I can't find a hotel with enough rooms in Hill City.

Thanks!

Martin

Sean Donnelly

Jul 21, 2022, 11:33:08 PM7/21/22
to RMRAT
Tentative yes for Sara and me, but getting off Friday may be problematic since we have already manipulated schedules a couple of times.  We might ride up on Saturday and back Sunday, but that would be a bit of a haul just for one night.

- Sean & Sara

ad...@vexingworkshop.com

Jul 22, 2022, 10:36:59 AM7/22/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I'm feeling about 80% that I'm going.

Jul 21, 2022, 19:59 by martina...@gmail.com:

Jim Baker

Jul 22, 2022, 11:20:40 AM7/22/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Thoughts on making it a 4-day?  That is a long single-day haul ... the group I was going to go with next weekend was staying two hours away the first night, then they get most of two days on-site, then ride out for a couple hours on the last night before going to bed.

Cheers,

Jim

sfr4201

Jul 22, 2022, 11:28:35 AM7/22/22
to ad...@vexingworkshop.com, rm...@googlegroups.com
Same as Adam,Martin,@ 80%,if things can be firmed up by the third week in August to allow me to make to arrangements on my end

             E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Tavis Aitken

Jul 22, 2022, 2:36:32 PM7/22/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I am a tentative yes, depending on my schedule.

 -= Tavis =-

Norman Wright

Jul 22, 2022, 7:24:34 PM7/22/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I'm out of town all Sept. Sorry to miss it

Martin Richard

Jul 23, 2022, 5:18:25 PM7/23/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com

Jim: I personally will be doing a four-day, but I think I’m going to make the event only three days. I know not everybody can take time off as easily as I can. But I definitely plan on staying over Sunday night and coming home Monday.

David

Jul 23, 2022, 5:54:49 PM7/23/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I’m out. As usual, muzzleloader elk season always starts the weekend after Labor Day.

Sent from my iPhone

Robert Wendl

Jul 23, 2022, 6:42:39 PM7/23/22
to Rocky Rountain Rat
Martin,

At this time I plan on doing the ride.

Bob Wendl

Jul 24, 2022, 1:59:10 AM7/24/22
to RMRAT
Add me as a yes.

Al Miller

Martin Richard

Jul 28, 2022, 4:13:08 PM7/28/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: Talked with someone at the Quality inn (on the South end of town) and looks like they have around 30 rooms available. Rooms are double queen and will average around $155/night. Here's a question for the group: How many would be interested in staying THREE nights, arriving Friday 9/9 and leaving Monday, 9/12? I actually plan on arriving Thursday 9/8 and leaving Monday 9/12. I'm awaiting a call back from the manager but if we can book  at least 10 rooms we should be able to get a discount of some kind. At this point I think I have about 7 who have said they're interested in going.

Martin

Jim Baker

Jul 28, 2022, 5:55:19 PM7/28/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I am just apparently not destined to go anywhere this year ... I have to keep the week of 12-16 open for a can't miss business trip; I could leave the 8th (even the 7th) and come back the 11th, but I need to be solidly back in town on the 12th, because I might need to get on a plane as early as mid-day that day.

Cheers,

Jim

Martin Richard

Jul 28, 2022, 6:14:55 PM7/28/22
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jim:  I won't be there until Friday but it still might be worth it if you came up early, spent a couple days riding on your own and then you could at least joint the group rides on Saturday before leaving Sunday? Just a thought since you missed your Sturgis trip.  It's definitely an area worth checking out, especially if you've never been there before.

Martin