First Sunday Ride

sfr4201

Mar 7, 2021, 7:08:41 PM3/7/21
to RM...@googlegroups.com
Well

It was not pretty but l did safely made it back home.

I need to thank the following for getting me back on the road and for making sure l made it back.......

Martin Albright, Jim Baker, Al Miller,Ron Newbie ( sorry, do not know your last name),George and Martha N............( not going to make an attempt on spelling of your last name.

No one crashed ( l came close!) or hurt.Hoping that is my "ride OMG .oment out of the way!

                    E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
20210307_132554_resized.jpg

Chris Peltz

Mar 7, 2021, 7:10:28 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
What happened?

sfr4201

Mar 7, 2021, 7:15:26 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Gear shift linkage failed, in Canon City right after lunch!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Jake Lehner

Mar 7, 2021, 7:31:45 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Had that happen twice. Once in the street and once in the track! 😲 talk about pucker factor.

Ride it home in one gear?

Chris Peltz

Mar 7, 2021, 7:43:21 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bummer. Glad you got home safely.

sfr4201

Mar 7, 2021, 7:59:15 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, third l beleive, tried to shift AKA suicide style, but no dice......

sfr4201

Mar 7, 2021, 8:24:52 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
That helm joint lnkage, which l assume is on your track bike,is cheaply made.Gear shift on my broken 955 Speed Triple mounts directly to the shaft, no linkage

                 E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Mar 7, 2021, 9:28:15 PM3/7/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
No worries Larry,managed to limp back home