Fuction Suffixes for flexible functions

Mansour Ayouni

May 16, 2022, 4:29:38 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello All,

The second design goal of Softanza is FLEXIBILITY.

Flexibility is the fact of extending the features provided by a given function by adding a short prefix before the function name, or a short suffix after it.

Metaphorically, it helps programmers to "stretch" the services provided by a given function without the need of making a completely different syntax.

See this sample to discover how the idea of "function suffixes" works:

image.png

Best regards,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 16, 2022, 9:34:23 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

Thanks for sharing :D

The example is nice but You provided a better example before (That puts a box around each character)

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 2:18:33 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

You are right! We just need to add the option :EachChar = TRUE inside the [ ]!

I'll add it.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Mansour

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 3:21:04 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Done!
image.png
Thank you very much for your continuous support!

Best,
Mansour

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 10:05:58 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Also, I added the case of ...CS() suffix because this is the most used suffix in the library...
image.png

Best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 18, 2022, 5:22:55 AM5/18/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

Thank you very much for the update :D

Just for your information, Once you introduced this feature about the library many months ago, I told myself (Wow, something impressive is coming, if he handle this little details in a beautiful way, then I am sure he is doing too much work to deliver advanced and powerful library)

Keep up the GREAT WORK :D

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 18, 2022, 2:07:18 PM5/18/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Dear Mahmoud,

I'm really happy you told me that!

Thank you.

Sincerely,