Functions Prefixes in Softanza

Mansour Ayouni

May 16, 2022, 5:28:58 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello All,

Some prefixes are available for you to influence the output of some Softanza functions. See this example of using the "viz" prefix:

image.png

Best Regards,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 16, 2022, 9:50:58 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

Please think about adding this to the To-Do List in the future

Using Qt & GUI windows to do visualization as an optional feature

I.e. calling a method like vizFindAll("I") create a new GUI Window and provide beautiful visualization

You can think about the next levels of visualization
(1) Using Console
(2) Using a GUI Window
(3) Using Qt3D
(4) Using HTML

But this suggestion could be for the future (next versions of the library) - Not for the current version

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 2:38:59 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

I'm happy you made a proposal that goes in the same direction of my future plans for this particular feature!

I already made an experiment of adding the win...() prefix, and got a nice RingQt window, with all the params ready to manipulate and see how the output of the function works.

In that prototype, I also designed a "TimeMachine" feature, inspired by yours in PWCT, where programmers can feed the function with a list of values and see them in an animated way!

I think this will be the next big thing in Softanza 2, isn't it?

These prefixes are to be provided:
  • win... for desktop windows
  • web... for web pages
  • mob... for mobile screens
  • 2dv... for a 2D view in RingGameEngine
  • 3dv... for a 3D view in RingQt3D
  • asm.. for WebAssembly
  • pdf... for a paper-form to be printed from a PDF (useful for sharing how the function works in a static document)
All the best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 17, 2022, 11:56:10 PM5/17/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "In that prototype, I also designed a "TimeMachine" feature, inspired by yours in PWCT, where programmers can feed the function with a list of values and see them in an animated way!  I think this will be the next big thing in Softanza 2, isn't it?"

It depends how this will be reflected in the practical usage

I suggest looking at the next examples by Bert about Drawing & Animation

It's not enough for a good feature to be interesting and unique
It should provide clear practical value that let us ask (How we worked before without it!)

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 18, 2022, 1:28:42 AM5/18/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

It depends how this will be reflected in the practical usage

I'll go back to explain the real world uses cases of that feature in developing simulations, predictive data analytics, and self-aware systems applications, later on.

It's not enough for a good feature to be interesting and unique

As you will see when I expose the PRACTICAL INNOVATION goal in Softanza, that I don't care about innovative ideas if they do not come to solve a real world problem. This applies also to that stzTimeMachine feature (future).

I suggest looking at the next examples by Bert about Drawing & Animation

Very nice code! In my case, I opted for RingEngine to implement all the animations.

Best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 18, 2022, 4:54:09 AM5/18/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "Very nice code! In my case, I opted for Ring Engine to implement all the animations."

Thanks for sharing this plan

I like the next examples by Bert that uses the Game Engine

I know that you know how to use the Game Engine, and you explained it in a fantastic way in your impressive book about Ring

My idea from sharing this examples with You, is to use them as a Case-Study
When when you provide new features that simplify drawing, animation & using the Time Dimensions
You can bring your new samples and compare it with the current samples
To be sure that the new features increase the productivity

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 18, 2022, 6:05:36 AM5/18/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

That's great!

Thanks for sharing them with me.

Best,