Function Free Form in Softanza

Mansour Ayouni

May 16, 2022, 6:04:10 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello All,

Function free form, made available using the ...FF() suffix to any Softanza function, provides programmers with maximum flexibility in using params (or not using them at all), and what order using them.

See a practical use case of it here:

image.png

PS: This feature is only showcased with a limited number of functions. It will be generalized in a future version of the library.

Best regards,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 16, 2022, 9:40:45 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

Thanks for sharing :D

I like the idea of using FF() and provide different versions of the function

But the example is not attractive because the SubStr() function already provide these features in a simple way
So the example gives a feeling of increasing the learning curve without introducing something unique
I know that this is educational, and the goal is to present an overview of the library
But picking interesting examples is important

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 2:24:34 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Thank you a lot for raising this point!

I'll reflect on a better example and let you know...

Best,
Mansour

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 4:41:59 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

What do you think of this other sample?

image.png

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 21, 2022, 3:15:28 AM5/21/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "What do you think of this other sample?"

Looks a flexible design, but You will need to do more effort to support the FF version of each function

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 21, 2022, 4:01:05 AM5/21/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

but You will need to do more effort to support the FF version of each function

If I do it for each function apart, yes!

But my plan is to implement at a higher level, only once (in the stzObject class) and reuse everywhere.

I'll share my implementation vision once we begin developing Softanza 2.

Best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 21, 2022, 4:19:25 AM5/21/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "But my plan is to implement at a higher level, only once (in the stzObject class) and reuse everywhere."

Very nice planning :D

Greetings,
Mahmoud