This file contains only whitespace changes (CC pragmas ignored by diff viewer)

Vlad S.

May 19, 2020, 12:01:23 PM5/19/20
to Review Board Community
Hi,

RB diff ignores CPP pragmas treating them as whitespace. Please see the screenshot attached.
The diff viewer says "This file contains only whitespace changes".

RB version is 3.0.15, installed from sources using pip install and virtualenv.

Diff viewer system settings: "*.c, *.cc, *.h, Makefile, *.inc, *.phpt, *.m4, *.w32, *.frag, *.xml, README, *.*"

Any suggestions?
pragmasignored.png

Christian Hammond

May 22, 2020, 9:38:15 PM5/22/20
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Is this a standard diff, or an interdiff? We don’t do anything special with pragmas that should impact diff rendering. They could be getting caught up in the interdiff bug, but it’s just text like any other where diffs are concerned.

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Vlad

May 23, 2020, 6:41:00 AM5/23/20
to revie...@googlegroups.com
This is an interdiff, "Changes between revision 1 and 2".

I have found your reply on a similar problem: "The new algorithm is being tested in the 4.0 work, and once we know it's stable, the plan is to backport to 3.0.x. It's a full rewrite designed to address these sorts of problems, but potentially could cause new ones, so we've been hesitant to make it available just yet. This will be in 4.0 beta 1, which we're nearing, and we'd love to get some testing on it when it's out."

Is that correct?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Review Board Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reviewboard/CAE7VndkP_WPHV0LxeSFq7Wip%2BVBZw8%2BV1_%2BhT3ApN%3D-LvwZGPw%40mail.gmail.com.

Christian Hammond

May 23, 2020, 4:02:51 PM5/23/20
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Yep, same issue then.

It’s not about the content, but rather an issue at file boundaries and based on certain conditions in the diff file itself. The new algorithm addresses those cases.

Christian