Unable to add Trello integration

ferna...@yahoo.es

Oct 26, 2023, 12:07:14 PM10/26/23
to Review Board Community
Hello,

We are starting to use Review Board within my organization... We are trying to integrate Trello within Review Board but it looks that it does not work... According to the documentation, I should get a "Trello Cards" field below the "Testing Done" field but no new field appears on a new review request...

I realize that when creating the Trello API Key, the token generated is much longer (12 chars longer to be precise) than what I can paste on the field "Trello API Token".

Is there a problem with the length of the API tokens? Why the "Trello Cards" field does not appear on a new review request?

Thanks a lot!
Fernando

Christian Hammond

Oct 26, 2023, 10:21:13 PM10/26/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

It does sound like a field length issue. We might need to make some changes to the Trello integration. Let us look into this and see if we can get a fix out for the next release.

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

ferna...@yahoo.es

Oct 27, 2023, 1:25:12 AM10/27/23
to Review Board Community
Hello Christian,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's what I was afraid of...
Take a look at this:

Ok, looking forward to the fix.
Regards,
Fernando

Christian Hammond

Nov 2, 2023, 11:11:40 PM11/2/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

We have this fixed internally and will be getting a release out once we address a couple of additional issues.

Christian

Guerrero, Fernando

Nov 5, 2023, 3:54:49 AM11/5/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear! :)
Fernando

El vie., nov. 3, 2023 a 4:11, Christian Hammond
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Review Board Community" group.

ferna...@yahoo.es

Nov 16, 2023, 3:25:00 AM11/16/23
to Review Board Community
Hi Christian,
I'm just wondering if this integration issue is solved in new 'rbintegrations 3.1.1'. I've just installed it under 'Review Board 5.0.2', now I do get a field 'Trello cards' under Testing Done' but I'm not able to add any card. Any text (card title or URL to the card) I type in the 'Trello cards' field disappears after pressing OK.
Just to clarify, I deleted the old Trello integration, I installed it back again and I created a new review...

Am I doing something wrong? Is the integration issue solved?

Thanks,
Fernando

ferna...@yahoo.es

Jan 31, 2024, 6:23:36 AMJan 31
to Review Board Community
Found a workaround...

The  Trello API Token won't work if typed in the Trello configuration page of the Administration -> Integrations menu of your Admin page. Rather go directly to  Administration -> Database -> Integration configuration, select your Trello integration and in the Settings field paste the Trello API Token in corresponding place. Save settings and now it will be possible to select and add Trello cards in your review request.