While using Active Directory for login ,Getting Error certs not verifiable

RAJAT MEHTA

Feb 10, 2022, 2:30:13 PM2/10/22
to Review Board Community
Hi i am using version 3.0.14 for review board and have Authentication set as Active directory for login .While trying to login i am getting below error

2022-01-31 11:50:40,239 - WARNING -  - reviewboard.accounts.backends.ad - Could not connect to domain controller "xxxxxxx.xxxx.com:389" for domain "xxxxx.xxxxxx.com". The certificate may not be verifiable.

I have installed the certs on the container running the reviewboard and it doesn't solve the issue .Do we need to map certs in any specific place . Can we skip the verification by adding any parameter on reviewboard UI ?

Thanks in advance

Christian Hammond

Feb 12, 2022, 8:25:08 PM2/12/22
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajat,

If your domain controller is using a self-signed SSL certificate, and the server running Review Board isn't configured to trust it, you'll hit this situation.

Can you go over the steps you used to install the certs on the container?

Python may be attempting to use a different location for the certs there. You can find the paths by running 'python' in the container and typing:

import ssl
print ssl.get_default_verify_paths()

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

RAJAT MEHTA

Feb 23, 2022, 1:22:40 AM2/23/22
to Review Board Community
Hello Cristian

I have converted the crt files to pem and added the same in the path which outputs from the  print ssl.get_default_verify_paths() .Still i m getting same error .Also i have installed crt directly in the container in path /etc/ssl/certs/ and did a update-ca-certificate which added hash for crt in the same path .Also i have updated the cert.pem file inside certifi path of python.Still the issue is same and users are not able to login via Active Directory.

Thanks
Rajat