USPS - Shipping to Australia and New Zealand

Sergey Kiselev

Oct 20, 2021, 1:17:18 PM10/20/21
to retro-comp
Hi,

FYI. The USPS has temporarily suspended the parcel services (First Class International Mail, Priority Mail International) to Australia and New Zealand...

--Sergey

Mark T

Oct 20, 2021, 3:28:12 PM10/20/21
to retro-comp

It’s amusing that “The Postal Service” is shown as a trade mark. Is that because it doesn’t mean what we think it means, or that nobody else is allowed to call their service “The Postal Service”.

Richard Deane

Nov 1, 2021, 6:37:48 AM11/1/21
to Mark T, retro-comp
Why suspend deliveries to Australia when it is just opening its borders?
Richard

Bill McMullen

Nov 1, 2021, 9:33:01 AM11/1/21
to retro-comp

FYI: I shipped a small package via airmail to Australia on Friday.  The Canada Post worker said they couldn't send one in the morning for another customer but when I went there in the afternoon the system had changed and accepted it.  I had similar issues a year ago with airmail to Germany ... when the number of flights is greatly reduced then there isn't much capacity for airmail.