How much space do you need for your volume?

Nicolas Daigneault

Oct 28, 2019, 3:27:13 PM10/28/19
to reposado
Hi,

I had, almost once a year, a need to expand my reposado volume because no space was left on the server.  This time I needed to add more than 150 gig, so I'm a little bit concern about it.  Do I have a problem, or it's normal will all the new voice, and other pkg.

Right now the volume is 900gb and I am not sure if everything will fit in, the sync is in progress.  Is it what you have?

This is what I sync:

        <key>AppleCatalogURLs</key>
        <array>
        </array>

Thanks

Taylor Armstrong - NOAA Affiliate

Oct 28, 2019, 3:33:43 PM10/28/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason you're synching everything all the way back to OS 10.9 updates?

Taylor Armstrong
Caelum Research Corporation Contractor at NOAA
Macintosh Systems and Windows Enterprise Packaging Administrator
Message has been deleted

Gregory Neagle

Oct 29, 2019, 4:50:42 PM10/29/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Have you purged deprecated updates that are in no branch catalogs?

repoutil --purge-products all-deprecated

-Greg

On Oct 29, 2019, at 1:49 PM, Nicolas Daigneault <nicolas.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

After some reading in the google group I erased 3 catalogues.  So this is my preferences right now:

<key>AppleCatalogURLs</key>
        <array>
I still have 900gb of apple software update!  I just wan't to know if it's "normal".  Do you use that much of space?

Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:27 PM Nicolas Daigneault <nicolas....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I had, almost once a year, a need to expand my reposado volume because no space was left on the server.  This time I needed to add more than 150 gig, so I'm a little bit concern about it.  Do I have a problem, or it's normal will all the new voice, and other pkg.

Right now the volume is 900gb and I am not sure if everything will fit in, the sync is in progress.  Is it what you have?

This is what I sync:

        <key>AppleCatalogURLs</key>
        <array>
        </array>

Thanks

Taylor Armstrong
Caelum Research Corporation Contractor at NOAA
Macintosh Systems and Windows Enterprise Packaging Administrator

Nicolas Daigneault

Oct 29, 2019, 4:51:29 PM10/29/19
to reposado

Mike Solin

Oct 29, 2019, 4:58:55 PM10/29/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
I'm synching the same catalogs (10.12 to 10.15), and my Reposado repo is currently 458 GB.

Nicolas Daigneault

Oct 29, 2019, 5:00:21 PM10/29/19
to reposado
Yes, I did a sync before, I uncheck everything that was deprecated from my catalog, and did the command repoutil --purge-products all-deprecated.

I gain some space, but it look like that the update are very big right now, or I have a problem on my server.

Gregory Neagle

Oct 29, 2019, 5:03:22 PM10/29/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
It's possible (especially if you at some point ran out of disk space) that there are no references in ProductInfo.plist to some (or many) deprecated products.

If that's the case, you have deprecated products that reposado has no references to and so cannot clean them up.

-Greg

On Oct 29, 2019, at 2:00 PM, Nicolas Daigneault <nicolas.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I did a sync before, I uncheck everything that was deprecated from my catalog, and did the command repoutil --purge-products all-deprecated.

I gain some space, but it look like that the update are very big right now, or I have a problem on my server.

Nicolas Daigneault

Oct 29, 2019, 5:16:40 PM10/29/19
to reposado
If all the space use is from the folder ./html/content/downloads/....  can I delete all the subfolder and do a repo_sync ?  Do I need to do a repo_sync --recheck ?

Right now my folder downloads use 963,1 go with 62839 files.

Thanks again

Vaughn Miller

Oct 29, 2019, 6:17:34 PM10/29/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Have you purged deprecated updates?  That should free up some space.

Vaughn

Mike Solin

Oct 29, 2019, 8:20:30 PM10/29/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, if you’ve purged deprecated updates and you’re still not below 500 GB (for those catalogs you listed), then you’ll probably need to nuke your whole cache and start over to regain that space.

Note, “deprecated” updates cannot be redownloaded again from Apple, so make sure you’re not relying on your ability to deploy those.

Nicolas Daigneault

Oct 30, 2019, 9:35:26 AM10/30/19
to reposado
I deleted my download folder and metadata, did a sync, and I use finally 337gig.  So the theorie of Greg seem good :

It's possible (especially if you at some point ran out of disk space) that there are no references in ProductInfo.plist to some (or many) deprecated products.

If that's the case, you have deprecated products that reposado has no references to and so cannot clean them up.

-Greg

I use less then the half of space than before.  Thanks for your help everyone!