Invald XML errors

sondjata olatunji

Sep 25, 2020, 2:53:59 PM9/25/20
to reposado
Tried to sync today to get the latest updates and I'm getting a bunch of Invalid XML errors. Everything was fine on the 17th when I last synced. Anyone else seeing this?

It is saying the invalid XML is on the local machine (path to local repo...) rather than Apple's servers. Just want to see before I nuke the repo and start over again.

Gregory Neagle

Sep 25, 2020, 2:54:49 PM9/25/20
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Did you pull the latest code?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2020, at 11:54 AM, sondjata olatunji <sond...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tried to sync today to get the latest updates and I'm getting a bunch of Invalid XML errors. Everything was fine on the 17th when I last synced. Anyone else seeing this?

It is saying the invalid XML is on the local machine (path to local repo...) rather than Apple's servers. Just want to see before I nuke the repo and start over again.

eho...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2020, 4:51:56 PM9/25/20
to reposado
No need to nuke the whole repo.
The recent updates from Apple are providing the .dist files in a compressed format.
The latest reposado code includes a new curl option to handle that, but if you have already synced with the previous code you need to do a little cleanup.

1) Update the reposado code to the latest from the repo
2) Identify the Invalid XML files from the repo_sync log and remove those files from the paths they are at.  You only need to remove the .dist files, not the whole folder.
3) Run repo_sync again with the new code.

That will clean up the errors you're seeing.

sondjata olatunji

Sep 28, 2020, 9:17:42 AM9/28/20
to reposado
Thanks for the prompt replies. Updating the code and removing the errant XML files fixed the issue.