gerrit-code-review-plugin integrated with multibranch pipeline

amit r

Aug 6, 2019, 2:08:54 AM8/6/19
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi All,

i'm not sure who to send this so trying here to get some answer for my use case..

i'm trying to use the plugin gerrit-code-review-plugin  in my project using multi branch pipeline.
installed all the pre plugins in order to use it  but as mentioned in the wiki page:

not clear enough how to use it from scratch.
i assumed that need the gerrit trigger section in my jenkinsFile  so did this one:
triggers {
gerrit(
serverName: 'Gerrit Server',
gerritProjects: [[
compareType : 'ANT',
pattern : 'env.GERRIT_PROJECT',
branches : [[
compareType: 'REG_EXP',
pattern : 'env.BRANCH_NAME'
]]
]],
triggerOnEvents: [
changeMerged(),
patchsetCreated()
],
skipVote: [
onSuccessful: false,
onFailed : false,
onUnstable : false,
onNotBuilt : false
]
)
}
 but now no matter what happens - i never get any event for the merged one - only for patchsetCreated

1. is there something i'm missing here?
2. does this plugin should support this cases?
3. how can i still use the branch scanning that exist in multibranch pipeline in case i also have cases that my automation push code into gerrit so will have here endless loop...
4. what about webhooks in gerrit it self? is it something different?

any help with this will save my day! i'm trying to resolve these issues for long time with not much luck...

many thanks in advance!!
Amit Rintzler

Luca Milanesio

Aug 7, 2019, 3:49:33 AM8/7/19
to amit r, Luca Milanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, 'Björn Pedersen' via Jenkins Users
Hi Amit,
this message is more for the Jenkins mailing list. However, as I am watching actively both, I'm happy to answer :-)
The above example doesn't match any of the other examples mentioned in the Gerrit Code Review plugin.

See the scripted and declarative pipelines examples at:

 but now no matter what happens - i never get any event for the merged one - only for patchsetCreated

1. is there something i'm missing here?
2. does this plugin should support this cases?

Yes, it is designed for being used in a multi-branch pipeline.

3. how can i still use the branch scanning that exist in multibranch pipeline in case i also have cases that my automation push code into gerrit so will have here endless loop...

Endless loop? Can you clarify the details?

4. what about webhooks in gerrit it self? is it something different?

Webhooks can be used to trigger the branch reindexing also.
Just configure them in Gerrit to point to Jenkins's URL /gerrit-webhook

HTH

Luca.