Update from Friday's work session

Bertram, Alexander

Jul 11, 2021, 3:00:44 PM7/11/21
to renji...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On Friday, Per joined me online and we worked on a number of updates:

The Renin website is now on GitHub and ready for pull requests:

The package database is (packages.renjin.org) is also on GitHub now:

We improved the search function and added a contribution form for packages developed exclusively for renjin and published to Maven Central, like Per's spreadsheet package.

We also prepared for the Renjin 3.5.0 release. All of the packages on our "must pass" list were passing (1 is now broken?). I hope we can do the final 3.5.0 release during our next working session, which I'd like to schedule for July 30th.

Renjin Working Session
Friday, July 30 · 15:00 – 19:00 (Amsterdam)
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/iid-wsxn-qeb

Thanks again!

Alex

--
Alexander Bertram
Technical Director

Web: http://bedatadriven.com
Email: al...@bedatadriven.com
Tel. Nederlands: +31(0)647205388
Skype: akbertram

per.n...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2021, 4:28:25 PM7/11/21
to Renjin
Thanks for hosting this Alex! I was very happy to see how close we are to a 3.5.0 release and deeply impressed with the speed you implemented new functionality (sometimes typing faster than I could think).

I already did a PR for some minor updates of the website (which you already merged) and I plan to go though both the website and the documentation to see if there are things that could be further improved. I also started to work on a blog post on "collaborative analytics" that showcases the use of Renjin powered tools such as Ride and Munin.

Best regards,
Per

Daniel Slutsky

Jul 12, 2021, 3:41:07 AM7/12/21