Koji Builder Docker Container?

Gordan Bobic

Jun 14, 2019, 11:59:10 AM6/14/19
to redsleeve-users
Jacco, Bjarne,

Do either of you guys happen to have a docker container for Koji Builder (kojid) suitable for building RSEL 6/7 armv5tel packages? This is likely to require a rpm macros 1-line patch to force the arch to armv5tel (because the host arch is aarch64).

Gordan

Bjarne Saltbæk

Jun 14, 2019, 12:23:00 PM6/14/19
to Gordan Bobic, redsleeve-users
Hi Gordan.

I did build an (almost) working EL7 kojibuilder container on EL7 host. I did not finished work since I was going to continue working only with EL8.
I did not manage to start a EL8 container on EL7 host (do not see why that should not be possible, but I just got a violation of some kind.

At the moment I am rebuilding RedHat's codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-source-rpms (Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for RHEL 8 x86_64 (Source RPMs)) repo so I can build the docker RPM for EL (need a resent golang to compile).

Gordan, why do you need a patch? If you run a armv5tel compiled kojibuilder it will produce armv5tel I assume?

BR,
Bjarne

Do either of you guys happen to have a docker container for Koji Builder (kojid) suitable for building RSEL 6/7 armv5tel packages? This is likely to require a rpm macros 1-line patch to force the arch to armv5tel (because the host arch is aarch64).

Gordan

Gordan Bobic

Jun 14, 2019, 12:44:02 PM6/14/19
to redsleeve-users
ISTR from way back in the day that I had to force the _arch to be armv5tel or some packages would detect wrongly, but if that's not a problem any more, all the better.

Jacco Ligthart

Jun 18, 2019, 6:33:02 PM6/18/19
to redsleeve-users

Nope, don't use koji/docker.

I sometimes build on a aarch64 machine (with armv5tel userland). I find that redsleeve rpms 'just' install on aarch64. When I use mock, I always start it with "linux32" in front. Now the aarch64 machine reports itself as armv8l. I always assumed that that could be better for the end-result.

Jacco

Jacco Ligthart

Jun 18, 2019, 6:46:38 PM6/18/19
to redslee...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bjarne,

On 6/14/19 6:22 PM, Bjarne Saltbæk wrote:

At the moment I am rebuilding RedHat's codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-source-rpms (Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for RHEL 8 x86_64 (Source RPMs)) repo so I can build the docker RPM for EL (need a resent golang to compile).

Can you point me to a list of source rpms that are in CodeReady Linux Builder?

I have a RH developer account, but was not able to find CodeReady Linux Builder in the customer portal. There are two other types of CodeReady, but they seem to be only an IDE.

Jacco

Gordan Bobic

Jul 9, 2019, 8:37:38 AM7/9/19
to redsleeve-users
I finally managed to make some headway with this, specifically in setting up mock.
TIL: To build arm32 stuff on aarch64 requires some special handling. You have to use dnf instead of yum to configure the chroot because yum doesn't have parameters to override the current $arch.
There is a --forcearch option on dnf which addresses that. This allowed me to build armv7hl mock chroot and build kernels in it.
I'll set up something similar for RS6 and RS7 (and RS8, but I'll need some steering on that) shortly. Is there a SRPM package set you would like me to bulldoze through bulk rebuild with it?

Also, do we have a multi-boot kernel? I was quite surprised that the arm32 CentOS 7 image ships with a kernel that "just worked" on my Toshiba AC100. Granted, I've not tried it on anything else, but it seems quite surprising for a random stab in the dark machine that isn't as common as the Raspberry Pi. It'd be quite awesome if we could achieve something similar for RedSleeve.