Redis Cluster hashslots.

Vineel Yalamarthi

Jul 10, 2022, 9:25:39 AM7/10/22
to Redis DB
Hi there

I understand we can migrate hash-slot for one node to another. Can we also replicate specific hash-slot from one node to another.

Regards
Vineel

Itamar Haber

Jul 10, 2022, 10:42:06 AM7/10/22
to Redis DB
Hello Vineel,

Replication in Redis is always at shard level (i.e., "node"), so replicas consist of the complete hash slots as their respective masters. As far as I know, there's no way to replicate only specific hash slots. May I ask why you are interested in this capability and the nature of the problem that you're trying to solve?

Cheers,
Itamar

Vineel Yalamarthi

Jul 11, 2022, 9:49:29 PM7/11/22
to redi...@googlegroups.com
If we have that capability, I thought we could write our implementation of a consistent-hash ring. So that we can move slots around in such a way every slot is replicated and all nodes are masters. Cluster resizing becomes very easy and we would have minimum slot movement.

Regards
Vineel

Disclaimer

Regards