ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type (for ALL created keys?) Does this work at all?

Roger Davies

Nov 30, 2019, 11:29:42 PM11/30/19
to reCAPTCHA
Hi,

I'm just working on an integration with the latest v3 Google Captcha API when it became apparent that literally none of this actually works. (Or at least, would never have worked as documented - does anyone have documentation to show how to set this up?)

I began following the steps documented here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3

Then created my v3 Captcha here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/ (being careful to choose v3 and add the domain I'm working on).

In all cases, if copying and pasting the code given in the above example (and obviously replacing 'site_key' with your actual key, you will always get ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type

Anyone have any suggestions or a fix for how we actually set this up?

Many thanks for any help,

neelam kumari

Dec 2, 2019, 1:41:41 AM12/2/19
to reca...@googlegroups.com, thefr...@gmail.com
The possible solution is to check first that you have created the version 3 recaptcha site key to call recaptcha on client-end site.

otherwise if not solved then create a new site key with only recaptcha version 3

screen.png