Band or Table saw LVL 2 induction

najey...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2021, 2:59:27 AM9/2/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hello everyone! I've not posted on here for a while so I hope you're all well.

I'm looking to learn how to change blades to something finer. As it happens, what I'm doing isn't particularly picky about whether it's done on on a band or saw; I think learning the band saw would be more useful for projects in general, but for now I don't really care!

So, when would the next LVL 2 induction be available? It doesn't have to be soon either, so don't rearrange anything, I'd just like to know so I can organize my projects around it a bit.

Peace and love, everyone!

Steve Rodway

Sep 2, 2021, 11:33:27 AM9/2/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I do Bandsaw level 2 inductions, is there anyone else who also wants to
do lvl2 as it makes sense to do in small groups?

It includes :
* Maintenance and cleaning of the saw
* Checking and aligning blades
* Changing blades
* Cutting metals
* Fine cutting
* Angled and multi-angled cuts
* Working with rough and oddly shaped materials

Requirement :
* Have already done level1 and have experience using the saw
* rLab Wiki account (which can be created on the day)

Steve
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/71bc57f4-f603-4aea-a1e4-e1775ac65d60n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/71bc57f4-f603-4aea-a1e4-e1775ac65d60n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mr.G

Sep 2, 2021, 2:16:05 PM9/2/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Steve
I'd be interested in some of those aspects.
Maintenance and cleaning of the saw
* Checking and aligning blades
* Changing blades
* Cutting metals
* Fine cutting
* Angled and multi-angled cuts
Particularly
* SAFELY Working with rough and oddly shaped materials - pieces of dried tree trunk

Kind regards
Mr.G
Gerald

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/eb80da9b-d415-543a-ff4f-e022f0f867b2%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

five...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2021, 4:34:02 PM9/3/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I would like to do an l2 induction if possible. I have done the l1 introduction but only have a little experience using the bandsaw. I was actually going to ask which blade would be best for making cuts in some quite thick (160mm) oak so it would be good if we could cover that.

I could do any evening next week from about 18:30 onwards or most times next weekend.