New downstairs air filter unit

Steve Rodway

Aug 25, 2021, 12:42:34 PM8/25/21
to rLab Mailing list
As some of you already know the old air filter unit for downstairs went
up in smoke (literally) So I've got us a new one from Axminster, the
first one they sent had some vibration issues so it had to go back but
it's been sorted and it's back in the place of the old one (pictured)
and the new remote is in the rack by the workshop door. It's a little
different to the old one but I'm sure you'll figure it out

General reminder, please use it whenever you're doing anything dust
producing downstairs, or even just if you feel like it, it uses hardly
any power at all so we're happy for it to be left running all day or
left running on it's timer when you leave.

Spare filters are kept in the drawer under the rear workshop stairs but
they are rather expensive so please be cautious about changing the
filter. Try vacuuming out the old filter first as the outer filter can
be re-used 20+ times if it's vacuumed out between uses, the inner filter
can't be cleaned but lasts 6+months and only has to be changed if it's
completely clogged.

Steve
DSC00476.JPG
DSC00477.JPG

Gavin

Aug 25, 2021, 1:51:08 PM8/25/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Impressive looking aerial on that remote - what’s the range?
> <DSC00476.JPG><DSC00477.JPG>

Steve Rodway

Aug 25, 2021, 2:10:29 PM8/25/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like anywhere in the building, I've not tested further!

Steve