Laser Pecker

Richard Francis

Nov 24, 2021, 4:28:18 PM11/24/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Has anyone run across / used / seen this device?
I caught sight of it off Mashable - and the webiste looks all rather American (Black Friday deals - et al).
Seems expensive for a small device, and there wasn't much information on the 'App' that pairs with it.
That said - for small jobs, this sort of device could free up laser cutter time immensely.
For those who know considerably more than me about such matters - useful? Toy department? Wait a year - prices will have halved..?

Tony Short

Nov 27, 2021, 10:56:46 AM11/27/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Expensive, not very powerful, obviously very dangerous.

Richard Francis

Nov 28, 2021, 10:20:42 AM11/28/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I guess anything in the wrong hands is potentially dangerous? Get the relative lack of punch and (certainly), the price tag.

Andrew

Nov 28, 2021, 10:51:23 AM11/28/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
It looks to me like an exercise in how many safety features can be removed and still expect the average consumer to loose interest before they do something litigation worthy.