Bike tools

Stuart Ward

Dec 27, 2021, 12:11:48 PM12/27/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

So I have a holidy project of installing a ebike kit and I thought I saw
a set of bike tools in the space. Specifically I wan the spline tool for
removing the gear cluster, and a puller for removing the pedal cranks.
Does anyone have such tools. should I buy some for the space?

Something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154319558071

Stuart

Stuart Ward
M +44 7782325143
T @xplora1a

OpenPGP_signature

Mark Robson

Dec 27, 2021, 12:17:06 PM12/27/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

There are bike tools in the space including a crank puller and splinetools for removing cassettes. Not  all bikes use the same one, I have a spare one of some description which may be the right one. You will also need a socket set with those tools, there are some socket sets around somewhere.

The bike tools are located in an organiser thing labelled "bike tools" on the rack on the left hand side as you enter the main workshop (last time I checked it was near the bottom). Underneath the abrasives etc, and many other things.

Be aware,I don't think there is any type of bike pump in the space so if you are changing tyres bring your own.

There is also an improvised bike workstand attached to the pillar near the stairs. This is a bit awkward to get working as it slides up/down the post. If you can get it adjusted right,  it's very handy.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Morris

Dec 27, 2021, 12:39:40 PM12/27/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
There's a really rubbish bike pump, but it is for absolutely emergency use only.

Jeremy Poulter

Dec 27, 2021, 3:03:16 PM12/27/21
to rLab List
Also don't forget Reading Bike Kitchen is opposite to rLab

Stuart Ward

Dec 28, 2021, 11:18:07 AM12/28/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your help everyone. I found the bike tools in the slot labelled "Bike Tools" just to the right of the door. (left as you come in). Removed the crank easily with the correct tool. I will leave changing the cassette for another day if it is needed.

Stuart

OpenPGP_signature