Converting a disability scooter to a go Cart

Suki Dhanjal

Jan 12, 2022, 2:24:29 PM1/12/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Good evening all,
Some years ago I purchased a faulty mobility scooter, with a view to converting it to a battery powered go cart. Many years have passed, and I have not made any progress with it.
Is there anyone in the group that may be able to assist in resolving the electronics issues with me?
I can confirm that the motors are in working order. I don't mind replacing the electronics, but would welcome someone elses view before I follow this path.

Many thanks in advance
Suki

Tom Allen

Jan 18, 2022, 7:44:23 AM1/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Suki,

Hi! I have repaired, hacked and upgraded a number of mobility scooters :)  Happy to take a look at yours, and tell you what i've learned from my experiments

mail me direct and we can arrange, T...@RandomInter.net

Carlo Zinzani

Jan 18, 2022, 11:32:21 AM1/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I don't think able to solve electronic issues on a scooter, but keep me in the loop as it sounds interesting for the perspective my EV conversion project.
I could have some spare components too depending on the state and specifications of your scooter/go cart.
Cheers
Carlo
PS. Tom > I'll ping you with my contact later.

drs...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 12:03:47 PM1/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Carlo,