Re: [RDG-Hack] Abridged summary of reading-hackspace@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Mike Charij

Jul 16, 2021, 2:21:26 AM7/16/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Beovision AV 9000
Error SW.1.10

B&O have said it's a case of discarding it as there are no spares.
I also have an Ouverture Unit that was controlled through the TV
so if the TV is beyond help I would still like to run the Sound system.

Any help would be great and if the TV could be saved I would pay you
for your time and parts if it can be done for reasonable money.

My mobile is 07961069019

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 04:15, <reading-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Mike Charij <g8p...@gmail.com>: Jul 15 01:34PM +0100

Hi Guys,

is there someone who is au fait with 20 year old Hi FI
that would be willing to look over my B&O system?
The TV went a few days ago and it controls the audio equipment.
...more
"Alex Gibson" <al...@alexgibson.net>: Jul 15 01:49PM +0100

Au fait with Bang & Olufsen innards – yes – time for a home visit could be challenging but might be able to offer specific or generic advice.

Which model? What’s the issue?

...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Mike Charij

07961 069019

Alex Gibson

Jul 16, 2021, 5:49:08 AM7/16/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike

So… with no guarantees, it looks like there’s at least one possible cause of this issue that’s highly fixable and the sort of thing that can go wrong on any old TV…

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/17305.aspx

The capacitor is a low cost component and low risk of causing any harm or complication if replaced properly.  So the main challenge is getting into the case to work on the board – B&O are a little idiosyncratic as a low volume manufacturer, so always allow some time and care to this part!  I would be pleased to do this or guide you, I am a little busy right now but we can keep in touch!

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d    37 Royal Avenue, Reading RG31 4UR

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing

g8p...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2021, 3:16:00 AM7/17/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I'd certainly be interested in paying you to repair it + parts but, as it is a big unit and takes up a lot of space
I'd want to do this sooner say within a week. As we are thinking of getting a newer TV to replace it but, I'd
hold fire if it could be fixed.

Let me know if this works for you?

Best Wishes
Mike