Hexagonal metal bar

Mark Robson

Jul 24, 2021, 1:27:48 PM7/24/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm just doing a last minute redesign to my combat robot which needs to be ready really soon, and I really want some metal hex bar.

I've got 8mm aluminium that might work ok, but ideally a little larger. Do you know if we have any stock in the space of any metal (within reason) hexagonal bar which is compatible with the lathe?

I just want to make a shaft coupler thing, boring it and making a threaded hole. Nothing fancy. I don't need a long length, 30mm would be enough.

(I could order some but I'm really tight for time right now)

Mark

hugh griffiths

Jul 26, 2021, 6:08:07 AM7/26/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi Mark,
Is this any use?
approx sizes: 13mm AF, 29mm long, bored through 2.5mm.
It's Stainless, no idea what grade, but easy to machine.
If so, let me know and I can put it in the dropbox for you
Hugh
Capture.JPG

Mark Robson

Jul 26, 2021, 6:41:51 AM7/26/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yes that's great thanks. please do put in the dropbox.

I also found some more approx 13mm (probably half inch)

Mark

hugh griffiths

Jul 26, 2021, 9:04:35 AM7/26/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
It's in the dropbox - hope it helps..

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAJ4NLMdrRtxRLufvqEUdFEzSRkZRDnkrL%3DnuwQwNpwi0DZFtUw%40mail.gmail.com.