Laser water error

dz

Nov 6, 2021, 4:55:15 PM11/6/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
The laser gave a water error (Sorry I did not write the exact syntax) while cutting.
on and off on all components got it to run again momentary and error appeared again.
I am going to reach through the wiki and group to see if there is a clue as to what it might be , but sharing here (also A4 on the machine)  so people know.

DZ

dz

Nov 6, 2021, 4:59:39 PM11/6/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Could it be just low water levels? best guess from what I can find on the wiki.
What do we use to top up the coolant ?

Mr E

Nov 6, 2021, 5:12:51 PM11/6/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Unless the water low light and the alarm sounder is on, it won't be that.

Check the cover is down and both lights are on, the safety switches on the lid should light up. Check card is fully in and saying enabled.

Or there is a proper problem.

Rupert

Mark Morris

Nov 6, 2021, 5:18:25 PM11/6/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
It will also say water error if there is no card

Steve Rodway

Nov 7, 2021, 4:56:13 AM11/7/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I've taken a look at the laser and I couldn't reproduce the error. My
guess would be that there was something caught under the lid so the
lid-down sensors were marginal and tripped due to vibration

Steve
> <mailto:reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/f89c951e-279d-4174-a626-c69560b4e9ccn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAG%2BHZpmmZUBhzuqTWEUUbAUXx0%3DwjYDGQxQ84goNkUo2TVFJAA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAG%2BHZpmmZUBhzuqTWEUUbAUXx0%3DwjYDGQxQ84goNkUo2TVFJAA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAAn9598O-rgJ1nqk%3DLOt6i4KSW6EMX358GQHeo2pX-9ALD690w%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAAn9598O-rgJ1nqk%3DLOt6i4KSW6EMX358GQHeo2pX-9ALD690w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

dz

Nov 7, 2021, 4:58:53 AM11/7/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Thanks All,
Card was reading ok on the display , so I am guessing (after reading Steve's emails) that is was not the chiller (no errors or warning signs)

I'll give it another go making sure sensors are engaged, just sucked that happened mid cut .

Cheers,
dz

Jeremy Poulter

Nov 7, 2021, 10:23:52 AM11/7/21
to rLab List
Hi all,

Went in to use the laser today, didn't get this error, but did have an issue with the laser cutting out intermittently, possibly related to running on the higher end of the power range (80%). Steve had a quick look and thinks it may be then HV power supply.

Cheers,

Jeremy

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/e854ccd0-3ef9-4262-a9e6-7c050f0cb547n%40googlegroups.com.