Andrew Jacobs Electronics Collection

Vance Briggs

Aug 30, 2021, 9:13:39 AM8/30/21
to Reading Hackspace
All,
As you are probably aware, Andrew Jacobs died at the end of last year from complications following COVID-19.
He left his electronics stuff to rLab to dispose of as we see fit. Having sorted through it we have pulled out things
that are useful to rLab, things that may be useful to other hackspaces, and what remains is open for
members to take for a reasonable donation. The items listed below, as well as numerous smaller items
and one heck of a lot of Microchip PIC chips will be available for users to view and take away for a donation
for the next 4 Wednesday evenings (1 Sep - 22 Sep Inclusive). If you are unable to make these sessions and
are particularly interested in something specific please contact any of the directors. Anything that remains after
that time will be disposed of.
There are a number of partially completed projects, and those of you who knew Andrew may recognise a number of these.
If you want to take any of these on as projects that would be great, but otherwise open to breaking for parts.

We expect members to respect the spirit under which these items are being made available and be sensible when
taking items. Please do not for example take a whole bag of switches, take a reasonable number and make a
sensible donation with regard for their value.
Vance

24 x D22-5003-03 Display's PIC project - probably BBC Micro emulation Velleman parking radar kit, K3502 Nikkai four sensor reversing kit, A61JJ Andrew project - CANBus related Andrew project - LED string Andrew project - Open Ergo Andrew project - 3 x PDP8 emulator Andrew project - 2 x NRF Monitor Andrew project - SWTPC 6800 Andrew project - Smart Watch Andrew project - Aurora board Velleman animated bug kit, MK127 Velleman animated ghost kit, MK166 1 box, PIC microcontrollers, programmers etc.0 9 x USB A - Mini B cables. 1 box, PCB USB, PS/2 etc connectors 1 box, PCB prototyping boards (small) 21 x MAX232 9 x SP235CP DVB / TV SDR kit 1 x Cosmac 1802 Membership Card Crystal oscillators 1 box, SPI Micro SD Readers 1 bag, USB / Parallel interfaces, 1 box, assorted chips etc PCB 3-pole headers 9 x HX-168 CF - IDE boards, with 256Mb CF cards RetroClinic ADFS ROM's RetroClinic DataCentre-E 1 box, USB - Serial TTL interfaces 1 box, ESP32 assorted boards

Rocky Arbigaus

Aug 30, 2021, 9:47:30 AM8/30/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I'm so sorry to hear about it. I didn't know about him, as I Joined mid-2021.

Rocky G. Arbigaus
3D Artist and Generalist

David Price

Aug 30, 2021, 11:48:25 PM8/30/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Hi,

I was an early member of rlab joining at the same time as Andrew and helped him in a small way on his PDP projects. I am no longer a paying member but am interested in the PDP 8 project material – are these three identical items?

david

Stephen Rodway

Aug 31, 2021, 2:42:26 AM8/31/21
to 'David Price' via rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi David,
They're not identical, we don't know enough about them to tell what
sort of state they're in or how complete, they were just boxes labeled
as "PDP8 Emu".
You're welcome to come along on Wednesday evening and take a look.

Steve

'David Price' via rLab / Reading's Hackspace wrote:

> [...]
> seful to other hackspaces, and what remains is open for <br>members to take=
> for a reasonable donation. The items listed below, as well as numerous sm=
> aller items<br>and one heck of a lot of Microchip PIC chips will be availab=
> le for users to view and take away for a donation<br>for the next 4 Wednesd=
> ay evenings (1 Sep - 22 Sep Inclusive). If you are unable to make these se=
> ssions and<br>are particularly interested in something specific please cont=
> act any of the directors. Anything that remains after <br>that time will b=
> erif">There are a number of partially completed projects, and those of you =
> who knew Andrew may recognise a number of these.<br>If you want to take any=
> of these on as projects that would be great, but otherwise open to breakin=
> g for parts. <br><br>We expect members to respect the spirit under which t=
> hese items are being made available and be sensible when<br>taking items. =
> Please do not for example take a whole bag of switches, take a reasonable n=
> umber and make a <br>sensible donation with regard for their value. <br></s=
> PIC project - probably BBC Micro emulation
> Velleman parking radar kit, K3502
> Nikkai four sensor reversing kit, A61JJ
> Andrew project - CANBus related
> Andrew project - LED string
> Andrew project - Open Ergo
> Andrew project - 3 x PDP8 emulator
> Andrew project - 2 x NRF Monitor
> Andrew project - SWTPC 6800
> Andrew project - Smart Watch
> Andrew project - Aurora board
> Velleman animated bug kit, MK127
> Velleman animated ghost kit, MK166
> 1 box, PIC microcontrollers, programmers etc.0
> 9 x USB A - Mini B cables.
> 1 box, PCB USB, PS/2 etc connectors
> 1 box, PCB prototyping boards (small)
> 21 x MAX232
> 9 x SP235CP
> DVB / TV SDR kit
> 1 x Cosmac 1802 Membership Card
> Crystal oscillators
> 1 box, SPI Micro SD Readers
> 1 bag, USB / Parallel interfaces,=20
> 1 box, assorted chips etc
> PCB 3-pole headers
> 9 x HX-168 CF - IDE boards, with 256Mb CF cards
> RetroClinic ADFS ROM&#39;s
> RetroClinic DataCentre-E
> 1 box, USB - Serial TTL interfaces
> 1 box, ESP32 assorted boards</pre></div>

> -- <br />
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
> quot;rLab / Reading&#39;s Hackspace&quot; group.<br />
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
> mail to <a href=3D"mailto:reading-hacksp...@googlegroups.com">r=
> eading-hackspa...@googlegroups.com</a>.<br />
> To view this discussion on the web, visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.=
> com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/9a39500d-2758-4fcb-9f84-e016f6441bban%40googl=
> egroups.com?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_source=3Dfooter">https://groups.google.c=
> om/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/9a39500d-2758-4fcb-9f84-e016f6441bban%40google=

David Price

Sep 2, 2021, 1:08:13 AM9/2/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi Steve,
thanks, I'll try to get there Sept 8th.
david

Stephen Rodway

Sep 13, 2021, 3:33:45 AM9/13/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David, missed you on the 8th, but the PDP-8 stuff is still there if
you're able to get in on the 15th instead.