Old Displays for Hacking

Vance Briggs

Nov 22, 2021, 11:28:08 AM11/22/21
to Reading Hackspace
All,

I took a number of displays from Andrew Jacobs electronics clearance.  I have now had chance to take a bit more of a look at them and there are a couple that realistically I am not going to get around to using.  If anyone else can make use of them then that would be great, otherwise I will dispose of as WEEE.

7 Segment Displays 2"
I have two and a half displays without any driver chips on the board so you will need to drive them yourself or interface driver chips.  Otherwise recover the digits.

PXL_20211122_155409391.jpg

Epson LCD Dot Matrix Display
A single 10" dot matrix LCD display - Looks like the driver chip is Epsom E1120/E1130, but I haven't found a datasheet for this, so more detective work needed if you want to use it...

PXL_20211122_155215085.jpg
PXL_20211122_155224944.jpg

Unknown Manufacturer - SED1330F Driver Graphics Display
Two displays, 6"x5", Circa 1995, low resolution graphic displays using SED1330F Driver.

PXL_20211122_160014705.jpg
PXL_20211122_160025710.jpg

Any interest then please let me know...

Tom Bayley

Nov 22, 2021, 12:01:39 PM11/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I would like if no other interest, I wouldn’t be doing anything with them soon but useful when a simple display is needed

laurence...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2021, 3:58:57 AM11/23/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi Vance,

I have a use for the 6x5", if nobody else would like it.

Cheers,
Laurence.

Vance Briggs

Nov 23, 2021, 6:48:16 AM11/23/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Laurence - One or two? - I will put them aside and put them in the Dropbox when I am next down (Tomorrow)

Tom - I'll give it a week in case anybody wants something specific and whatever remains I will put in the Dropbox and let you know it's there.

Vance

Brian Gregory

Nov 23, 2021, 7:14:59 AM11/23/21
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 16:28, Vance Briggs <va...@axxe.co.uk> wrote:

Epson LCD Dot Matrix Display
A single 10" dot matrix LCD display - Looks like the driver chip is Epsom E1120/E1130, but I haven't found a datasheet for this, so more detective work needed if you want to use it...

Oddly marked SED1120 and SED1130 maybe? I have a vague idea one of them is similar or equivalent to the HD44780.

pad...@padski.co.uk

Nov 23, 2021, 9:01:49 AM11/23/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Hi Vance,

Could I possibly grab one of them big 2” led jobbies if not too late?

Cheers

Paddy

Vance Briggs

Nov 23, 2021, 10:49:23 AM11/23/21
to Reading Hackspace, pad...@padski.co.uk
Paddy,

They are yours. Will be in the Dropbox tomorrow evening.

Vance

Laurence Rochfort

Nov 23, 2021, 12:55:42 PM11/23/21
to Reading Hackspace
Just one, thanks Vance.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAFLXuqufR5UG%2BzVM2%2B9c7sU%3DtaF0rZ8d4aH6NPD5wWYoi9pMnQ%40mail.gmail.com.