Appreciation

circle

Jul 22, 2021, 3:45:58 AM7/22/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I dipped in to the space yesterday - I am more of a supporter than an active member and that I can play that role is nice

Whilst I was there it was largely social which was nice but I became acutely aware of the contribution that Steve makes his input in terms of leadership and grunt in the engineering aspect (The domain that I am aware of) is phenomenal - Thank You

I would also like to acknowledge that the space as a whole works remarkably well and whilst I dont have visibility of the who and what we would not have a space if it was not for this other unseen people who put loads of effort in

RLab is a space to be proud - thank you to all the people that give the space much love

Alex Gibson

Jul 22, 2021, 4:34:25 AM7/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

+1 for what Dean said J

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d    37 Royal Avenue, Reading RG31 4UR

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing

Michael Tran

Jul 22, 2021, 5:40:22 AM7/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yes to that too.

Sent from my iPhone

John Bickerton

Jul 22, 2021, 11:21:32 AM7/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. Very happy to keep paying during lockdown - it's a space I appreciate having for its potential rather than actual capability, and kudos to those who keep it moving (especially Steve!)

Regards
John

--
John Bickerton
===========

Frans Wilbrink

Jul 22, 2021, 11:24:35 AM7/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
+1 very appreciative of the efforts of all involved!

Vance Briggs

Jul 22, 2021, 12:35:50 PM7/22/21
to Reading Hackspace
I completely agree that the more mechanical areas of the hackspace would be much worse if it were not for the effort Steve puts in to keep everything serviced and running.  But we also need to shout out to Tony for his efforts with the upstairs elements, keeping the space clean, websites and support to users with design aspects.  Also Mark's contribution to the woodworking tools is also greatly appreciated.  These guys don't do it for the backslapping appreciation, but every now and again they do deserve our recognition.

I would also like to point out that these aspects of maintenance in the space are NOT their responsibility.  It is the responsibility of every member to do things to keep the space running and if possible to do things that improve it for everyone.  We understand that not everybody has the time, but some are maybe put off helping out because "Steve just does it".  Please join in, bring fresh ideas, help to implement them and make the space better for all.  Hopefully we will be able to see more of each other in the coming months - discuss with others what you would like to see in the space - new equipment or capabilities, improved tools, more workshops or teaching, show and tell events, or whatever...

The floor is yours!

Vance

circle

Jul 22, 2021, 12:55:37 PM7/22/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I posted to acknowledge an individual contribution but I also feel compelled to concur with Vance.

Whilst there are individuals that set the tone, and provide guidance by virtue of there personalities if they are left to do every thing they will burn out - diversity of ideas help and contribution has a myriad of benefits  - a makerspace, a hackspace aka rLab is a team effort members, leaders and bottle washers as they say in some places lol

It is for every one to contribute in what ever way they can, in what ever way works for them in my mind

I thought an appreciation thread may be a place to acknowledge effort contribution what ever you choose to call it, who ever has made it (you could thank the community as a whole if that's how you are feeling) - just an idea

michael Tran

Jul 22, 2021, 1:20:44 PM7/22/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated to all the great guys help keep the hackspace going.  It is a space that makes Reading proud guys!

Sent from my iPad