Bandsaw Level-2 inductions

Stephen Rodway

Jan 5, 2022, 6:26:36 AM1/5/22
to rLab Mailing List
Hi Everyone,
Had a bit of interest in the idea of running the level-2 bandsaw
inductions again, level-2 covers

* Most maintenance tasks
* Blade changing
* More accurate set-up for precision cuts
* Cutting metals
* Using fine curve blades
* Working with Green/Rough/Odd-shaped timber
* Using the tilting table

If interested let me know and we'll see if there's enough people to make
it worth running again.

Steve

Maheemal Thilakarathne

Jan 5, 2022, 6:32:00 AM1/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested :)

michael Tran

Jan 5, 2022, 6:51:11 AM1/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Yes, I am interested please add my name, thanks.

Michael Tran

Sent from my iPad

> On 5 Jan 2022, at 11:26, 'Stephen Rodway' via rLab / Reading's Hackspace <reading-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,

Stephen Rodway

Jan 5, 2022, 6:53:31 AM1/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I should clarify, to do the level-2 induction someone has to have
already done level-1 induction and got some experience using the bandsaw
as level-2 doesn't cover the basics and assumes you're already familiar
with the tool

Steve

michael Tran

Jan 5, 2022, 7:55:44 AM1/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, i have had level 1 done a while ago.

Sent from my iPad

> On 5 Jan 2022, at 11:53, 'Stephen Rodway' via rLab / Reading's Hackspace <reading-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I should clarify, to do the level-2 induction someone has to have
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/61D586BB.1050302%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Paddy Duncan

Jan 5, 2022, 12:59:24 PM1/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk
Count me in.
Cheers
Paddy
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/60F0F048-9895-4B51-B222-C8D0644CA444%40btopenworld.com.

Alex P

Jan 6, 2022, 2:47:54 PM1/6/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
If there's any space left I'd be keen.

Thanks

Alex

Steve Rodway

Jan 7, 2022, 11:16:59 AM1/7/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
This has proven more popular than I expected so I'm going to have to
break it up into several groups. I've emailed everyone who's said yes so
far to either set a date or stand-by for a later group. I can put on
additional groups later if there's still demand so no-one who's eligible
will miss out.

If you're not had a date set already then getting in some practice with
the bandsaw first to make sure you're familiar might be a good idea. The
level-1 induction notes are on the wiki in the usual place if anyone
needs them.

Steve