what is this thing. Where can i get one (electronics)

M Chad

Feb 23, 2023, 7:44:10 AM2/23/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
IMG20230223122451.jpg

Hi my washing machine is a bit knackered.  my options are get a whole new cable bundle and pay someone more than its worth to replace the whole lot, or source one of these clips and just strip back and reconnect the wires.

I don't really know what to call it to search for one though, or if it is designed specific to that brand (beko) or a generic part that i could find on ebay

Alex Gibson

Feb 23, 2023, 8:12:39 AM2/23/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Wire to board edge connector.

It's a truly cheap and horrible way to connect mains voltage to a PCB.  My freezer had one burn out.  Replaced by drilling through the traces at the correct pitch and fitting a screw terminal connector of the proper rating.  That's an anecdote, not a recommendation, it worked for me but act according to your own judgement and risk assessment.

Alex

PXL_20230223_130353541.jpg
PXL_20230223_130750958.jpg
Message has been deleted

M Chad

Feb 23, 2023, 9:46:14 AM2/23/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, with that direction and if bit of googling, it seem to be a Rast IDC 2.50 type specifically, with any luck I have ordered the right thing.  Shame I knackered the terminals on the old one or it might have been a basic fix

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "rLab / Reading's Hackspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CAHR72fnnYJmRj3d__S_Zs7FJjOAaOwyg5H5H-roOZPO1wtAMkg%40mail.gmail.com.