Laser offline for realignment on Friday

Steve Rodway

Aug 18, 2021, 8:59:33 AM8/18/21
to rLab Mailing list
Per title, probably will take most of the day, anything you vitally need
before the weekend, get it done now.

Steve

Tom Allen

Aug 18, 2021, 9:34:30 AM8/18/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
My friend other friend Steve (Ward) has recently acquired a rather nice laser power metre for the right wavelength for our laser. If you don't have one already I can drop it to the space to help you calibration if you like?

Steve Rodway

Aug 18, 2021, 12:58:31 PM8/18/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom, yes that might be handy. If you could leave it in the
dropbox we'll give it a shot and see what power we're actually getting
out of the tube.

Steve

On 18/08/2021 14:34, Tom Allen wrote:
> My friend other friend Steve (Ward) has recently acquired a rather nice
> laser power metre for the right wavelength for our laser. If you don't
> have one already I can drop it to the space to help you calibration if
> you like?
>
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 13:59 'Steve Rodway' via rLab / Reading's
> Hackspace, <reading-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Per title, probably will take most of the day, anything you vitally
> need
> before the weekend, get it done now.
>
> Steve

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/CACEZB%2BEj%2B8n2vKqwacJKnFfTLHPVras3MknSwrEB-%3D8VvwmZ_g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Steve Rodway

Aug 20, 2021, 10:24:43 AM8/20/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Laser realignment has been completed (thanks to James for his work on it
too) and it's back in service.

Steve

Frans Wilbrink

Aug 20, 2021, 11:06:29 AM8/20/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve!

So how much power did you record? :)

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/4dce3717-a4ad-1e3e-283f-981cd41baaa8%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Stephen Rodway

Aug 21, 2021, 5:58:36 PM8/21/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
The power meter was saying around 40W which is implausibly low and was
varying +/- about 30% between runs, either we weren't using it right, or
it's hugely out of calibration.

It's back in the dropbox any time you want to pick it up Tom

Overall the tube is starting to show it's age, with the amount of use
we've given it recently, we'll probably be looking at a new tube some
time around the end of the year based on the current usage rate.

Steve